Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early Departure

Default Early Departure

The updates to the applications are being released, which include additional material for an early departure in April.

I'm curious who is going to try for early departure this year.

For myself I'm still on the fence. I've been looking into a three-month long program for a while now that will take place in the spring. It works out as I would be done by the regular JET departure date. Yet like the JET program there is no guarantee I'll get into it. I'm still thinking about getting everything together for the early departure eligibility.

Default Re: Early Departure

I'm applying for Early Departure. It doesn't hurt to try and if I manage to get an interview and not be selected for Early Departure, at least I have all my paperwork in for the standard Group B departure date.

I heard that the April departure doesn't really leave until later on, so who actually knows? I'm interested in how they're going to do it this year with how tight the schedule is.... I mean, like you said, its a big decision and I'm surprised they don't have much information pertaining to it on the US side for us applicants.
    Last edited by Merkypie; October 19th, 2011 at 10:02.

It is confusing. Better to have too many options than not enough. I think I will go through the early departure stuff. Have you already started on those materials? The FBI check and the health check?

That is definitely true though. I think it might also help us in the long run since we're more accessible... Or maybe that's just false hopes on my end :P

I've just got my health check done yesterday and I did my FBI Check last Friday. So I'm pretty much done with everything. I'm just waiting for the application to go live so I can finally send out this ridiculous sized package.

Oh, and references, waiting on them.

Speaking of the FBI Check, it definitely won't arrive in time for the application. I called them today to ask what the processing time looks like and they said two months. I wrote a letter in place of my FBI results letting them know in DC that it is arriving two months from the date they received it (tracking info and all of that).
    Last edited by Merkypie; October 19th, 2011 at 10:23.

Well they said they understood that the FBI results may not be received in time. It says to include you have applied for the background check in the application.

Yep, that's what I did. Attached it with my application just to be sure.

There's early departure for non-ANZACs this year?
    You guys really do have it good this year!
    I blame the fear of radiation worries stopping people applying in Clair.

Meh, I don't think so. While it's still very real here, the worst of drop outs would have been last year. The international media doesn't give two shits about it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini
    If you are a empty husk of a man with no ambition come on jet, stay forever, drink yourself into a stupor every night, hurl abuse at people on itil like a roided up chimp at the feces olympics and die of thyroid cancer in your early 40s.

i have a question Aussie JET's might be able to help me with

As I intend to apply for the April departure I was looking into obtaining a police check in the near future

Would I be correct to presume a National Police Record Check is what is required and on that note
    Within the form there is ‘Section E: Purpose of check’ in which I have several options to choose from, would the right one be to obtain an overseas visa?
    I probably post things that interest you
    nihonomnom | JET Program tales from Kobe-shi \(^ω^\)└(★o★)┐(〜^∇^)〜

For Fun
    For Profit
    For Science

Quote Originally Posted by Page View Post
    Meh, I don't think so. While it's still very real here, the worst of drop outs would have been last year. The international media doesn't give two shits about it anymore.
    Only when someone at the plant dies or TEPCO announces some closing phase. But other than that, nothing on the cable news networks. They already did the montages and documentaries of Western people surviving and telling their accounts.

The only people really pushing this disaster, at least in my neck of the woods, is the car dealerships. It's caused a decrease in production so all you hear on the radio is, " Due to the disaster in Japan, XXX has no cars but if you come to XXX we have over 10,000 cars in stock! "

Quote Originally Posted by Page View Post
    Japan though still seems pretty worried about people thinking the situation is bad

Quote Originally Posted by kitsune_daifuku View Post
    i have a question Aussie JET's might be able to help me with

As I intend to apply for the April departure I was looking into obtaining a police check in the near future

Would I be correct to presume a National Police Record Check is what is required and on that note
    Within the form there is ‘Section E: Purpose of check’ in which I have several options to choose from, would the right one be to obtain an overseas visa?
    I believe you are correct, there is a similar question on the one for Ireland and I marked mine as Visa. this isn't gospel though as I'm not familiar with the process it was just the only answer that fit, on my version of the form

Oh yeah I'm also thinking of the early departure, I just applied for my police cert and as soon as I can I'm gonna sort the medicals out. I'm also hoping it will reflect well on me. but it will also leave me less time to save extra money up.

Quote Originally Posted by Murasaki Ookami View Post
    Oh yeah I'm also thinking of the early departure, I just applied for my police cert and as soon as I can I'm gonna sort the medicals out. I'm also hoping it will reflect well on me. but it will also leave me less time to save extra money up.
    I emailed the consulate and suppringly I was told its to work with children

I dont know how much exactly it would help but from what iv been told a lot of the time people can get upgraded simply because they have all their forms submitted

For Fun
    For Profit
    For Science

upgraded simply because they have all their forms submitted
    That's true. It's been said that the alternates that have all their forums in are usually picked over alternates that don't.

Since this was stressed so much I'm baffled why applicants would be slack in submitting them, still all the better for us hey ^_^

For Fun
    For Profit
    For Science

Quote Originally Posted by kitsune_daifuku;
    Since this was stressed so much I'm baffled why applicants would be slack in submitting them, still all the better for us hey ^_^
    When it's you paying for the medical check and the emergency background check b/c the FBI failed you, we'll see how 'on it' you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    When it's you paying for the medical check and the emergency background check b/c the FBI failed you, we'll see how 'on it' you are.
    Already paid for both, never hurts to be well prepared ^_^

For Fun
    For Profit
    For Science

Quote Originally Posted by kitsune_daifuku View Post
    Already paid for both, never hurts to be well prepared ^_^
    I can't speak for Aus, but I think in the US both checks must be done within the past 6 months from the date you submit them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    I can't speak for Aus, but I think in the US both checks must be done within the past 6 months from the date you submit them.
    Oh i only got them done last week, but i think the American checks would perhaps cost a lot more than the Australian equivalent.
    Our police checks dont need fingerprints so mine was like 33$ and my medical forms cost about 100$ as i got the xray on healthcare

For Fun
    For Profit
    For Science