Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: US Application is out~!

Default US Application is out~!

Edit: Application is up again. Time to start the party~!

OR it was. Currently down due to technical difficulties.

Anyway, deadline is December 2nd.
    Last edited by sloth; November 3rd, 2011 at 04:57.

I just hit refresh on the application website (https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=jet), and it had the "create account" button now.
    Last edited by nicole.ai; November 3rd, 2011 at 04:47. Reason: added direct link to application website

Default Re: US Application is out~!

Yeah, its officially up. Gonna start working on it And ask a bunch of annoying stupid questions

^^I just created an account so the link works.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkypie View Post
    Yeah, its officially up. Gonna start working on it And ask a bunch of annoying stupid questions
    Lol, I already have one annoying stupid question that I'm probably gonna ask the Miami Coordinator about...and I'm only on the second page.

I'm stuck on the Academic Specialization section, great. I don't know whether English Literature goes under "Other Humanities" or "Other Major."

I'm already confused on if I should answer questions like 2b to avoid blanks on the application.

Quote Originally Posted by deadking View Post
    I'm stuck on the Academic Specialization section, great. I don't know whether English Literature goes under "Other Humanities" or "Other Major."
    I have a B.A. in English, which I'm assuming will be "Literature" under "Humanities"?? I'm not 100% sure, tho.

^^Yeah, I saw Literature but the way they set it up is really confusing.

Also, it keeps saying I left dates blank for the teaching cert/TEFL questions but I said no to both, and it won't let me put in N/A for them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkypie View Post
    I'm already confused on if I should answer questions like 2b to avoid blanks on the application.
    Yeah, I was kind of unsure about those too. But I'm guessing, if we didn't answered the related preceding question, then we don't answer it?

I'm stuck on the Accompaniment part. I'm Engaged to someone already in the JET Program and I'm hoping I can be placed in the same city as him. Should I answer all the questions like he was also Applying? I have no idea.

Should I use the same email or not? I know if you use the old one it will recognize it and make you come up with a new password. Is using the same email how JET knows you applied last year or is there a specific question for that (I can't remember)?
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN View Post
    Since when does awareness of surrounding make an ALT better? Chances are if they didn't have a clue and got lost in the forest and eaten by bears on the way to work, the school would be better off and the ALT would in turn be a better ALT.

^^Yeah, I saw Literature but the way they set it up is really confusing.

Also, it keeps saying I left dates blank for the teaching cert/TEFL questions but I said no to both, and it won't let me put in N/A for them either.
    Yeah, the set up in that tab pull down was very odd.

Strange about the TEFL things, I haven't quite gotten there yet. I'll let you know if the same issue occurs for me.

ETA: Just hit save and continue, and it doesn't mention anything about it being blank (I also put no for both)...
    Last edited by nicole.ai; November 3rd, 2011 at 05:18.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterofpeace View Post
    Should I use the same email or not? I know if you use the old one it will recognize it and make you come up with a new password. Is using the same email how JET knows you applied last year or is there a specific question for that (I can't remember)?
    You can use the same email, but not the same password. When I was setting up my account just now it said "Duplicate Account" and asked if I wanted to proceed. I said "yes." I got a new pin from last year.

And there is a specific question that will ask you if you're reapplying if I recall correctly from the application last year.

Ok cool. I will just use a new email then. I don't use the old one much anymore.
    Since when does awareness of surrounding make an ALT better? Chances are if they didn't have a clue and got lost in the forest and eaten by bears on the way to work, the school would be better off and the ALT would in turn be a better ALT.

I think that if any information that they consider crucial is missing, it will prompt you. So I think it's totally fine to leave 2b blank. For everything else, I will put N/A if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by nicole.ai View Post
    Yeah, the set up in that tab pull down was very odd.

Strange about the TEFL things, I haven't quite gotten there yet. I'll let you know if the same issue occurs for me.

ETA: Just hit save and continue, and it doesn't mention anything about it being blank (I also put no for both)...
    Yeah, once I moved from the page after that one, the notice went away. Hopefully that means I'm OK...

Quote Originally Posted by nicole.ai View Post
    Yeah, I was kind of unsure about those too. But I'm guessing, if we didn't answered the related preceding question, then we don't answer it?

I'm stuck on the Accompaniment part. I'm Engaged to someone already in the JET Program and I'm hoping I can be placed in the same city as him. Should I answer all the questions like he was also Applying? I have no idea.

Yeah, its weird though, because it forced me to answer question 9c even though I answer No to all of the above.

.... Oh well. x_x

Actually, its firing off a lot of annoying warnings... I don't have a TEFL certificate, why do you keep telling me I have to fill it out?
    Last edited by Merkypie; November 3rd, 2011 at 05:37.

For the Placement section, since my first choice is Sapporo, the I fill out the "Place Name" section with one of the wards or just repeat Sapporo?

Argh, now the full name of my major doesn't fit in the box!
    Last edited by deadking; November 3rd, 2011 at 05:52.

I'm getting the same annoying TEFL warnings. I tried N/A and 00/0000 but it yelled at me for my month starting with a 0

For the Placement section, since my first choice is Sapporo, the I fill out the "Place Name" section with one of the wards or just repeat Sapporo?
    Good question. Sapporo is also my first choice, so I chose "Sapporo City", but I wan't sure if I had to put Sapporo down as the Place Name, or I was supposed to get more specific within Sapporo...