Thread: Will submitting your recontracting form now..

Default Will submitting your recontracting form now..

..mean that you get your reappointment confirmed sooner than if you wait til February?

Default Re: Will submitting your recontracting form now..

To my knowledge, no. Well, maybe they'll tell you by word of mouth, but official documents won't come early.

Thanks! So official confirmation will be what, end-Feb time?

I think I've gotten mine around or shortly after Valentine's Day. I don't know why you're so worried; chances are, unless you're doing drugs/the students, you're going to be recontracted.

The forms are officially due at the end of the first week in February. Depending on how formal your CO is, or how many JETs they have to deal with, or if you have upcoming meetings with them, it could take maybe 2-3 weeks. My CO gives us a form about 2-3 weeks after the deadline saying they "received" my paperwork, and in a couple more weeks they give us a form saying whether our request has been approved or denied. If you are in one of those situations where you have little contact with your CO and everything is done through your school/supervisor, then it might depend on how on the ball they are with communication and paperwork.
    Last edited by MixedNuts; November 14th, 2011 at 13:15.

Yeah, it depends on your CO. I hadn't turned mine at the time but I received an offer of extension in early January.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini
    If you are a empty husk of a man with no ambition come on jet, stay forever, drink yourself into a stupor every night, hurl abuse at people on itil like a roided up chimp at the feces olympics and die of thyroid cancer in your early 40s.