Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Criminal background record?

Default Re: Criminal background record?

I went to my local police station with a fingerprint form I printed out from the FBI website (as per explicit instructions from my program coordinator) and paid $10 or so. The fingerprint technician seemed convinced that I had the wrong form. I was confused and tried to ask him what the right form was, but he said that we might as well try it. He said "I'll take your prints but don't blame me when they come back from the FBI rejected." Then he took my prints with a weary, defeated look on his face.

I sent the form to the FBI and got my background check back soon afterward with no problem.

When I mistakenly thought I had to have prints for the initial application last year, I had the same experience. They wanted me to buy the card from them, it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN View Post
    Since when does awareness of surrounding make an ALT better? Chances are if they didn't have a clue and got lost in the forest and eaten by bears on the way to work, the school would be better off and the ALT would in turn be a better ALT.

Ah I just got the card they had D: It had all the same info as the one I'd printed from the website so I figured I might as well. Ouch I didn't realize electronic fingerprints were so steep. Hope mine were good enough..

Just to give everyone an idea.... I sent in my Background check stuff late September... My card was charge 2 weeks ago... still have not received the report.

Sent in my JET application today... Watch it arrive tomorrow.
    2012 Applicant

yikes... at least your still technically fine.. you can send it separately 'til the end of January. I might be screwed on that one. sent mine out priority mail on the 17th. And I sent a money order so I wont even know when they cash it in. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bekah View Post
    yikes... at least your still technically fine.. you can send it separately 'til the end of January. I might be screwed on that one. sent mine out priority mail on the 17th. And I sent a money order so I wont even know when they cash it in. Sigh.
    Update: Got my report Saturday... so its about 2 months +/- about a week it seems.
    2012 Applicant

maybe there's hope for me yet

I just got mine in today, after sending it off in like mid October.

hmm I'm cutting it close. I am supposed to fly to Singapore in June for my dad's wedding so I honestly would much rather be in the normal group anyway.. but it seams it would really increase chances of getting in to do early arrival.