Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interac says you need 500k start-up money?

Default Re: Interac says you need 500k start-up money?

I'm not concerned about having to bring cash. I have more than enough saved for the move, and I still have to sell my car. I'm just concerned that I'll be put in a LeoPalace apartment for 60,000yen/month when I might be able to get a similar place for 40,000yen/month that might be in a more convenient location for me.

賃貸・賃貸マンション|賃貸・不動産情報サイト「at home web (アットホームウェブ)」 is an awesome website to look up apartments, and many don't charge key money or security deposit. I realize landlords don't really like dealing with foreigners, but I'm really clean and I speak Japanese, so I'll hire a real estate agent and give them a profile of myself with a letter to take to landlords to help convince them to let me rent, as well as offering to pay 6 months up front or a slightly higher rent or something like that, and I'll have Interac as a guarantor. At least, that's what I've been considering doing. Still trying to figure it out. It just doesn't seem to make sense to go with whatever place Interac picks if I think I can get a better value for my money/better location by searching on my own.

@.@

[EDIT] Posted same comment twice.
    Last edited by pika; May 30th, 2012 at 13:10. Reason: Double post.

Middle of Wheat field USA --> Middle of Rice field Japan-->Middle of Cornfield, USA

Also, Leopalace is pretty pricey. Interac has said that most of the current available openings are in very rural areas. I don't think Leopalace is common out in the sticks. However, that might also mean there are less apartments in the area available...
    Numbers and colors are my bread and butter

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    For the record: Food is actually rather cheap in Japan except for a few things, e.g. milk, bread, cheese, fruit.
    Meat and rice and the like is cheap.
    Yeah right! The cheapest rice I have ever found is 1,000¥ for a 1kg pack. That's £8. Just had a quick look at the tesco website and it's £1.29 for 1kg

The price of rice is stupidly inflated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Only a fool would do a teachers workload for an assistants salary.

Quote Originally Posted by CUPS View Post
    The cheapest rice I have ever found is 1,000¥ for a 1kg pack.
    lol where the hell were(are?) you living? Bought a 5kg from my expensive local supermarket for 1800 yen yesterday.

You people keep moaning about being in the inaka. Go help your neighbors plant and harvest their rice and you'll never have to buy it again.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

You people keep moaning about being in the inaka. Go help your neighbors plant and harvest their rice and you'll never have to buy it again.
    Ini REALLY has a point here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

That sounds like a really nice experience even besides getting free rice, and it's probably not something I would think to do on my own. Thanks Ini!

Somewhere... maybe... I think I'm lost... anyone got a map?

Quote Originally Posted by pika View Post
    I'm not concerned about having to bring cash. I have more than enough saved for the move, and I still have to sell my car. I'm just concerned that I'll be put in a LeoPalace apartment for 60,000yen/month when I might be able to get a similar place for 40,000yen/month that might be in a more convenient location for me.

賃貸・賃貸マンション|賃貸・不動産情報サイト「at home web (アットホームウェブ)」 is an awesome website to look up apartments, and many don't charge key money or security deposit. I realize landlords don't really like dealing with foreigners, but I'm really clean and I speak Japanese, so I'll hire a real estate agent and give them a profile of myself with a letter to take to landlords to help convince them to let me rent, as well as offering to pay 6 months up front or a slightly higher rent or something like that, and I'll have Interac as a guarantor. At least, that's what I've been considering doing. Still trying to figure it out. It just doesn't seem to make sense to go with whatever place Interac picks if I think I can get a better value for my money/better location by searching on my own.
    Go ahead but I will give you an upfront warning that you briefly mentioned. Landlords HATE dealing with foreigners. Reason range from trash to how loud they are. Likely you will find a lot of gaijin houses but you really don't want to live in a gaijin house. In the event you are unable to find an apartment you will likely be out some for the real estate agent's work and also they may drive up prices because you are a foreigner. Yes it is unethical but they just don't trust foreigners and, I think, with good reason. Be careful and you should get just fine but someone needed to post the apocalyptic warning because it does happen all the time to baka gaijin.
    "I wonder how much effort is requires for a person to become happy. I think misfortune is a spiral. Once it starts it's hard to escape. In order to escape it takes everything you have to reach the end. Once you've given everything you can finally grasp it. I think that's what happiness means." Rena Ryuuguu