Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Early Placement?

Quote Originally Posted by Merkypie View Post
    I wonder why it takes companies like Interac 8 weeks to get a visa...
    Probably because you're not guaranteed a school automatically? They have to find a school to "sell" you too before they can do the paperwork. Lots of competition these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini
    If you are a empty husk of a man with no ambition come on jet, stay forever, drink yourself into a stupor every night, hurl abuse at people on itil like a roided up chimp at the feces olympics and die of thyroid cancer in your early 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by Page View Post
    Probably because you're not guaranteed a school automatically? They have to find a school to "sell" you too before they can do the paperwork. Lots of competition these days.
    Ah, makes sense.

Default Re: Early Placement?

this town is holding the big dispatch competition next week. all the greasy little salespeople shuffle into the BOE, tell a pack of lies about their "support systems" and then the finance department just goes for the cheapest.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Ini, the cheapest one that hasn't f*cked them sideways before.

nah, normally just the cheapest. the boe here doesn't give a shit about individual ALTs so if one cuts and runs early or gets fired they dont really care as long as the dispatch company has the infrastructure to get a fresh body into the school in under a week. So I should add the cheapest of the major companies. Occasionally some dirty indian will show up representing "punjabs number one english school" but if they only have 3 ALTs on their books the BOE isn't interested.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Really? I would figure a group that say turned over 4 in a year might be passed over for the contract given they can't chose good alts, regardless how many they have.

I dont think they've had any that bad, worst I've heard is 3 a year and thats just put down to young irresponsible gaijin