Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Magic Letter Size? A4 baby!

Default The Magic Letter Size? A4 baby!

NO, I haven't got the letter yet and YES this may be a very stupid thing to even contemplate posting about, but i'll do it anyway...this post goes out to all the current (helpful) JETs out there who've been making the wait a lot less miserable and more meaningful for us hopefuls.

Here goes, when you got your magic letter of acceptance (short-listed), was it just a plain piece of paper that said you were in, or did they send a 'Welcome to JET' booklet (A4 in size?) with that letter?

The reason why i'm saying this is because when my letter comes over the next couple of weeks, if it's skinny or fat, tiny or A4 in size I can kind of get a clue of whats inside eh? I know this pretty lame, but I was just thinking about it the other day and I don't care if it's lame!

Oh and it's probably different for JETs around the world, I interviewed in London so anyone that could answer this question would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Paul! that little bit of knowledge wouldn't hurt!

Thanks Paul thats just what I was after....

the question is, if you get rejected do they send it in an A4 envelope or a standard 'folded into 3' envelope? probably not come to think of it because the certificate of health form and all the other forms won't be there.

Look out for an A4 letter people! Thanks Paul!

I'm kind of doubting that the Americans will receive much in the line of A4 sized paper as it's not a standard on this side of the pond. When my interview letter came, it was actually 2 letters, one letting me know that I had an interview, and one with details. Odd that they put them in two envelopes, but it made for two small ones instead of one thicker one. I sort of felt hopeful cause the year previous I had gotten a single thin envelope containing my rejection, so seeing two made my tummy do flipflops.

For all I know, I could end up with a seperate standard envelope for each sheet of paper if the interview notification is anything to go by.
    It is a solidly built word of just four letters, bracketed by rock-hard consonants. It ... explodes into space from a gate formed by the upper incisors and the lower lip. Then it slams to a dramatic glottal cough.

But what if they change the size of the letters ths year!?! Oh my God!!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!

*Takes deep breaths.*
    "If you've got [a penis], or access to one, take a good look at it this evening and ask yourself: how can this possibly be the work of a sane God?"

You *points at Dob* are weird.

Wierdo!
    It is a solidly built word of just four letters, bracketed by rock-hard consonants. It ... explodes into space from a gate formed by the upper incisors and the lower lip. Then it slams to a dramatic glottal cough.

But what about the letter, Quasars!?!

What about the letter!?!?!?!?!
    "If you've got [a penis], or access to one, take a good look at it this evening and ask yourself: how can this possibly be the work of a sane God?"

Hanzo, judging by the view count on your thread, I'd say that was a bastard of a title to give it you big flaming troll.

Why couldn't you have headed it with something clearer like:

I've run out of things to bother myself with.

I judge letter contents by their envelope size.

I'm incredibly bored.

Or....

Will my letter be A4 sized?

Just read it when it comes. Honestly man, chill. You'll have bigger things to worry about when you find out whats going to happen to you if you're in or out.

THE LETTER, FYREY, THE LETTER!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'll stop now.

just to make it all the more confusing for your my your an alternate and your an alt letter were almost exactly the same, same paper, size envelope, everything, so be sure to read yours carefully before calling all your friends and inviting them to party or bursting into tears...
    If i told you you had a good body, would you take your clothes off and dance around for me?

"HELP! The vultures have arrived, save me somebody, anybody!" Screamed Hanzo. "Please, anybody! Save me from the pain!" The leader of the vultures went by the name of Dob, he had an eerie and mysterious character about him, which he knew scared his prey into doing anything that he'd wish for. He sat quietly next to Hanzo looking rather bemused and excited. "I'm here to take over your thread." He wispered into Hanzo's ear who by this time was cold and motionless. Hanzo whispered in reply "But why? Why me? Why do you vultures always do this? Is there no way you can actually help around here?" Dob, looking rather bewildered at Hanzo's reply took a moment to think and muttered the following words in his sinister voice "My dear Hanzo, it is in my nature - I cannot stop the inevitable from happening, even if I tried." Hanzo stood up violently, turned his back to Dob as if dismissing what the leader of the vultures had said. "If you'd only try." He mumbled. "If you'd only try."

...to be continued.

Fyrey, whenever i'm on this forum, i'm bored...just look at my other posts to find that out. But...this is why the net is so cool, I was wondering about something and found the answer less than an hour later...mission accomplished -- if it makes my little confused head at peace with itself then so be it.

I knew it was a stupid thing to post about but hey I don't care....and adammoogle, it'll just be a kind of psychological thing more than anything else - I won't get happy until i've opened and read it.

EDIT: changed the title of the thread, hopefully there'll be less views now (just for you fyrey) :?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo
    "HELP! The vultures have arrived, save me somebody, anybody!" Screamed Hanzo. "Please, anybody! Save me from the pain!" The leader of the vultures went by the name of Dob, he had an eerie and mysterious character about him, which he knew scared his prey into doing anything that he'd wish for. He sat quietly next to Hanzo looking rather bemused and excited. "I'm here to take over your thread." He wispered into Hanzo's ear who by this time was cold and motionless. Hanzo whispered in reply "But why? Why me? Why do you vultures always do this? Is there no way you can actually help around here?" Dob, looking rather bewildered at Hanzo's reply took a moment to think and muttered the following words in his sinister voice "My dear Hanzo, it is in my nature - I cannot stop the inevitable from happening, even if I tried." Hanzo stood up violently, turned his back to Dob as if dismissing what the leader of the vultures had said. "If you'd only try." He mumbled. "If you'd only try."
    I'm sure this is the sort of post Comic Book Guy would use if he were here on ITIL rather than being a sad and lonely cartoon character.

If I were Comic Book Guy, I'd say 'Away with you now, your literary prowess is too powerful for mere mortals like us, go, find yourself a solitary retreat and pen your masterful epic, a publishing house and ten thousand fanboys await the spoils of your efforts.'

Edited to add: Gee, thanks.

Edited again to add: Mock Dob again and I'll be waiting at Narita with a baseball bat for you. :x

Edited again to add: Mock Dob again and I'll be waiting at Narita with a baseball bat for you.
    Vultures are naturally protective over one another.

You didn't get the moral of the story did you Fyrey, don't worry it'll come.

EDIT: just to help you a little Fyrey click here http://www.ithinkimlost.com/modules....ewtopic&t=1760

Screw the letter size, that will tell you nothing!

What did the letter SMELL like? They've got to have different secretaries sealing the envelopes - one for the rejection letters and one for the acceptance letters. Does the acceptance secretary stink of crispy dried sweat and halitosis? Does the rejection secretary smell of wild orchids and grape bubble gum? tell me! TELL ME NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrey
    Mock Dob again and I'll be waiting at Narita with a baseball bat for you. :x
    Is that only for Hanzo cause mocking Dob has become something quite dear to my heart. If I didn't mock Dob, I'd never have passed the 100 post mark and get my second star!

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrey
    Edited again to add: Mock Dob again and I'll be waiting at Narita with a baseball bat for you. :x
    It's okay, Fyrey, leave 'em be ... for now.

Hanzo, if you're going to write a parody at least try to show some literary skill.

Thanks for posting a link to that thread - very enlightening..., especially as it was a subtle rebuttal to my 'Potential Newbies take heed' thread.

Vulture... thats probably a truth regarding me, but not others I feel.

Though if this is an insinuation that I pick on all newbies, then that's false, fact is if the question is good I'll answer it, if the question is moronic then I'll practially encourage chastisement. I believe this is the same policy for a number of other posters - even IniKamoze helps out now and then.

Sadly your thread fell into a specific category IMHO.

If you have any more questions, please consult your JET Handbook, that is, if you get on JET.

Gambatte.

QG: The threat currently just stands for Hanzo, at least when you insult Dob you do it with a modicum of wit.

Edited to add: This reads back a little harsh, don't take too much of it to heart. I'd edit/delete whatever, but fuck it...

i actually enjoyed dob's and hanzo's responses.

why take offense when there is none intended, fyrey? it's not really about envelope size you know, different people are coping with the wait differently. a subtle or witty response is often more effective than a slap across the face no matter how justified you think it is. that is of course unless you only want a certain type of people around here. well, perhaps that may be true.

hanzo, there are heaps of people waiting as well. i am unemployed now and that makes me the best candidate for finger-bitting and obessive mail- checking. but really, i am enjoying this time now doing the things i want to do before the envelope arrives... like what fyrey said, there will be a lot of things we will have to worry about (like getting a job, if i don't get in) when the time comes.

Thanks, Ilia, some good points.

Yes, we've all been through the same waiting period and wondered about the same stupid questions! And I do remember what it was like and how agonising it can be.

My responses were never meant to be insulting and I sure don't feel infuriated with you, Hanzo. I just found your question funny so responded with my opinion in a comical way to get my point across. I'm sure a lot of the current JETs wish we hadn't worried as much during the application, so we just want to share that view with all you newcomers. Like a few people mentioned in the thread Hanzo linked to, sometimes a reality-check is just what we need!

Chill, guys; this is a public forum, we're all entitled to our opinion, the questions were answered, something got blown out of proportion and Fyrey had to start polishing his bat, and no one wants to see him get that thing out unless it's absolutely necessary.

Yep I totally agree...there's no use in bickering, it doesn't accomplish much at all.

I just don't believe in knocking someone down for asking something (or in this case naming a thread something) that you disagree with. JET or no JET, it's just not on. I just think some people like to have these battles, you know the "i'm always right" bullshit, why the heck I don't know. ITIL is great apart from that, as i'm sure others will agree.

Each to their own at the end of the day.