Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you think interviews will still be held in mid-February?

Default Re: Do you think interviews will still be held in mid-February?

Congrats! You should update your details on the official 2012 applicants thread in the 'Applying for JET' section.
    Good luck with the practicing for the interview!
    Also I put my Japanese skills as beginner/introductory, I'm not sure that they expect us language noobs to do a proficient test, though I'm basing this on NZ knowledge
    Last edited by bananallanah; January 20th, 2012 at 12:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Steffan View Post
    Hey. A few days ago, I received confirmation that I have an interview.

For someone who has listed their proficiency in Japanese speaking and listening as introductory, would they expect the same thing? (i.e 3-4 minutes of the interview in Japanese)

What level of Japanese d'you think would they expect to be 'introductory'?

Thanks
    They will ask about it. Be honest if you can't string together a sentence properly, but understand what is said to you, etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    They will ask about it. Be honest if you can't string together a sentence properly, but understand what is said to you, etc etc.
    uthink is right... They'll likely bring it up, but they're also likely to dismiss it at that point to as they don't really care if you can say KAWAII and UMAII like a boss (I mean that's the only thing you should learn from J-TV), they care if you can actually communicate.

Three or four minutes of Japanese conversation seems damn excessive for introductory level. They might ask you a question or two.

Learning and understand a phrase like "Chotto dekimasu" will probably go a long way, based on the assumption they're going to ask "Do you understand" or "Can you speak Japanese".

Thanks guys. This information is really helpful. I'll try to learn as much as I can before the interview, and I'll be realistic about my current proficiency.