Thread: A to Z Nagano

Default A to Z Nagano

Hey chaps

I'm currently researching alternatives to JET, just incase I don't get an interview (and subsequently don't get into Interac either), and I found A to Z, which operates in Nagano. Has anyone on here ever worked with them? I've been on their website but there isn't much information on when their recruiting periods or when you would start etc.

Are there any other ALT hiring companies out there that people would recommend? I don't think I have enough teaching experience to be a full blow teacher at an eikaiwa so I'm just looking for ALT stuff.

Thanks

Default Re: A to Z Nagano

I've never come across A to Z before! Where did you come across them?

However, I can't say enough about Peppy Kids Club, they have an office in London and the recruiter there is lovely! The interview process is pretty straight forward and you could be in Japan within 6 months. I applied via their website and heard back pretty quickly.

Also its worth checking out gaijinpot for jobs. It really depends what you're looking for...

peppy kids are creepy, bathtub of sand is all I'm saying
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

The name is creepy... though during this whole process they have never referred to themselves as Peppy Kids Club, only iTTTi... I don't blame them.

the managers who work there are creepy
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

The people who work there are creepier. The Peppy Kid teacher guy in my town is genuinely just weird... Like cross an 4 lane divided road in rush hour without a crosswalk to avoid him weird.

*packs rape alarm*

Quote Originally Posted by lexa1010 View Post
    *rape alarm*
    I hear that's on ini's "Music to Make Love To" mix cd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

I heard on a thread that Peppy Kids Club is no good but I'll research them too.

I really want something in Nagano though, because my boyfriend lives there and I'd be ok to stay with him (thus avoiding the moving costs) so I saw AtoZ Nagano listed on the JET programme alternatives website. No one here has worked for them? Never mind, I'll have to keep researching.

The thing with Gaijin pot is that most jobs require you to already be out there and with a work visa. I need to find an ALT company that will recruit from abroad and sponsor visas.
    Last edited by Sakurahoshi; January 20th, 2012 at 07:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakurahoshi View Post
    I heard on a thread that Peppy Kids Club is no good but I'll research them too.

I really want something in Nagano though, because my boyfriend lives there and I'd be ok to stay with him (thus avoiding the moving costs) so I saw AtoZ Nagano listed on the JET programme alternatives website. No one here has worked for them? Never mind, I'll have to keep researching.

The thing with Gaijin pot is that most jobs require you to already be out there and with a work visa. I need to find an ALT company that will recruit from abroad and sponsor visas.
    Is the boytoy Japanese or *other*?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Should have said that from the start then.. Clearly you need to go with A to Z...

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    Is the boytoy Japanese or *other*?
    He's a Japanese national. Hopefully a spouse visa will be in my sights eventually () but in the meantime...

Quote Originally Posted by Sakurahoshi View Post
    He's a Japanese national. Hopefully a spouse visa will be in my sights eventually () but in the meantime...
    Aw! Well at least if you don't get placed in Nagano at least you'll be in the same country!

Have you thought of just going over there and finding a job directly?

Quote Originally Posted by lexa1010 View Post
    Aw! Well at least if you don't get placed in Nagano at least you'll be in the same country!

Have you thought of just going over there and finding a job directly?
    Yeah, if I don't get into JET or Interac, the next plan will be getting a 12 month working holiday visa and looking for a job with that whilst using my boyfriend's house as a base. If I do get into JET/Interac and they place me miles away... we'll deal with that somehow but like you say, at least we're in the same country and not having to spend loads of time and money to see each other.

I see! My bf is going to join me later on and find a job directly, we're a bit terrified but I hope it'll all work out! ;_;
    Last edited by lexa1010; January 26th, 2012 at 07:56.