Thread: Downtime 25/1/2012

Default Downtime 25/1/2012

Wut?

Seriously; no idea. I wish I could tell you guys something. Here's hoping it doesn't happen again.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

You got the year wrong there guy.
    Only a fool would do a teachers workload for an assistants salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gezora View Post
    You got the year wrong there guy.
    LOL So I did! Edit inc...
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Default Re: Downtime 25/1/2012

Hi guys,

I woke up this morning and found this email sitting in my inbox:

Paul

I wanted to touch base about your cloud server. We were performing some major cloud upgrades and we had hoped for no client impact.

Unfortunately Ubuntu cannot hot migrate on the OnApp cloud so needs to cold migrate (shut down, migrate and reboot). With a non cpanel server this literally only takes a few moments.

Unfortunately the server needed an fsck linux file system check before it wold restart. this is pretty standard on servers that have been up for 100+ days as I assume your server had been. So sorry about that. Had I known it would have needed this file system check I would have informed you. We did post an announcement on our page: Big Wet Fish Hosting - Announcements but as we did not expect any client impact we did not email all clients to inform them

We had 2 issues. Server 20 came back with a read only file system caused by an issue with the /tmp folder and we resolved that quickly. Your server needed an fsck. No other servers were impacted as far as we were aware.

Your server is now back on line following its fsck check. Sorry once again.

Regards
    From what I understand it was only for a few minutes?
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

30 min or so this morning, but it might have been small outages that coincided with the 2 times I I tried to access.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

I'd say it was at least 30 min. I was attempting to access it pretty diligently and it wasn't up. Also I am pathetic/the worst ALT ever.
    Only a fool would do a teachers workload for an assistants salary.

The schools of Japan can thank me later for giving them 30mins of their ALTs back.
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Considering the level of commitment the ALTs must have in order to diligently frequent this place whilst at work, would 'thank' be the right word?

Could I request more downtime?
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.