Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Get your fracking drivers' license, yo

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE mteacher80's Avatar

Default Re: Get your fracking drivers' license, yo

i never saw cars towed in MY JAPAN(tm) they would be left in shopping center parking lots, banks, city hall, movie theaters, saizeriya lots....covered in dirt, a few police stickers on their windshields, four flat tires and have been there for 10 days to 10 years.

In Kyoto/Osaka/Kobe I would always park in the above mentioned 500yen for a full day of parking lots. anywhere else I would do what ini mentioned, city halls always seemed to be a good place to start.
    ☆★REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★☆

Quote Originally Posted by AVNicholls View Post
    My friend had her car towed so... I guess you were lucky?
    I don't think they could fit a car tow down just about any road in my town bar the main street. Do they even tow cars in Japan? Thought it was the yellow mirror thing.

And I severally doubt my car would be the first to get towed, the people that leave their cars doing things like parked infront of access roads or a lane in the middle of said main road overnight would be the first.

Thinking, maybe I shouldn't encourage poor parking behaviour. Learn your own Japan before you dump a car for a weekend.
    Last edited by MJN; April 25th, 2012 at 12:29.

Quote Originally Posted by MJN View Post
    I don't think they could fit a car tow down just about any road in my town bar the main street. Do they even tow cars in Japan? Thought it was the yellow mirror thing.

And I severally doubt my car would be the first to get towed, the people that leave their cars doing things like parked infront of access roads or a lane in the middle of said main road overnight would be the first.

Thinking, maybe I shouldn't encourage poor parking behaviour. Learn your own Japan before you dump a car for a weekend.
    I think the last part is very important. Some places might have strict parking policies and others might not. Get a feel for your placement.

My friend left her car in a bus station parking lot and when she got back her car was gone. She had to call around and they'd towed it to her school. It was super embarrassing!

Question:

So I have a NY learners permit that expires 2013, moved back to Trinidad and Tobago (my native country) where I am hoping to get my license....it'll be less than 3 months though..........

So....should I just use my NY learner's permit, or my (hopefully) new Trinidad and Tobago license to get a Japanese Driving License or IDP?

Any advice peeps?

(Sidenote: shortlist candidate for 2012)

Default Re: Get your fracking drivers' license, yo

Get both and try to get your license with both of 'em. Get the IDP in either case, but if there's even a possibility that you'll stay longer than a year, you should try to have a foreign DL that you can convert... even if you don't technically meet the legal requirements, you might get away with it, and it's worth the attempt.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.