Thread: Got the boot from Interac, yeah what the freak?

Default Got the boot from Interac, yeah what the freak?

Yeah... was denied a position by Interac for the Aug/Sept term. I just received an email getting the rejection, which makes me think - what exactly do they look for?? I mean, I didn't even reach the interview stage! I didn't think getting into Interac would be competition... I actually saw it as my backup plan. So much for that.

So JET looks like a no. Interac, a definite no. What other ALT positions are left for me to apply for aside from HEART and Altia?

Default Re: Got the boot from Interac, yeah what the freak?

When I applied for interact, I got a rejection email within 5 minutes of hanging up after the phone interview. JET, on the other hand, accepted me.

I'd suggest looking on the job listings on the likes of Dave's ESL café, if you are desperate to go to Japan. There's other options out there, such as Aeon or Peppy Kids Club all going down slightly different teaching routes, but you'd have to do your own research to see what you really want.

You can also try WestGate, but I hear that their requirements are stiff and/or difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

ECC and Berlitz are advertising on gaijin pot right now

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    You can also try WestGate, but I hear that their requirements are stiff and/or difficult.
    Westgate also has a teaching experience for x-amount of time requirement. Not many newbs have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lianwen View Post
    Westgate also has a teaching experience for x-amount of time requirement. Not many newbs have it.
    *ahem*

I understand the issue, you probably got to the first bolded word and became distracted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

JoyTalk is still hiring for the spring and booking interviews, I have on set for Monday the 6th and I sent in my app to them the 28th of January
    When the student is ready the teacher will appear.

Quote Originally Posted by reed View Post
    (I hate the one-year contract concept, as a good job is one you'll keep for as long as you please, and a bad one can't possibly keep you there -- labour laws trump contract terms in any case, and only guilt, fear and obligation keep young teachers from running when the alarms sound.)
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    Failed an interac interview. Hahahaha. That's a good one.

I was rejected from interac, ballsed up the interview, got through jet though. But then I didn't really like the idea of interac having researched before the interview and was just clarting a bit.

The best thing to do is just to come to Japan and get a job here. I had no idea that would have been so easy before I came but now I see...wow. In Tokyo and the like eikawa jobs grow on trees.
    Last edited by Tyr; February 6th, 2012 at 17:18.

*ahem*

I understand the issue, you probably got to the first bolded word and became distracted.
    oooops. Posted that via my phone. *learns to read*

If they're like eikaiwa they have quite a few things that can cut you.
    For example the eikaiwa, GEOS, that hired me said that they would read the online applications and if there was one spelling error or any major grammar mistake they rejected the person on the spot.
    I remember they told us they had a list of bad answers for the interviews. If you said anyone of those answers you were immediately out.
    Then at the interview, which was 2 full days, they told us if you failed the grammar test twice, you get one chance to retake it, you were automatically out.
    If you said any of the key phrases they could ask you to not come back the second day.
    They had a list of behaviour that could also disqualify you.

Holy cow! People can fail an interview for a job in Japan?

Wait... You're just rtolling. Trying to get a rise out of me. Well it won't work. Haha. Bice try though. Failed an interac interview. Hahahaha. That's a good one.
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.

Gaba seems to have absolutely no restrictions based on the people I have seen hired for it.

Whoever said Gaijinpot.com is a good answer. Granted most of them say must live in Japan, it is still a good source for finding jobs.

Also whoever just said come to Japan. They totally have it right. Eikawa jobs do really grow on trees. I just met a couple from South Africa who moved here 4 days ago with no job plan. On the 5th day they got interviewed and hired the same day. And that was in Shiga ( kinda near Kyoto). But the point being you can get hired anywhere and the chances are much higher in larger cities.
    Why just come over and not apply online?
    Because these companies like to have interviews in person and there are a plethora of people presently in Japan with whom they can do just that. By doing so, they don't have to worry about a newbie getting settled, or paying airfare, or having trouble getting there.