Thread: Responding to Interac E-mail

Default Responding to Interac E-mail

Hello everyone,

I've searched through this forum and I apologize if this topic has already been brought up, but I was wondering how to respond to my initial screening e-mail from Interac.

"We have received your completed application....application will be considered for interviews that will take place in April, May and June for a late August/September start date which is the beginning of the Japanese second trimester. We would like to let you know that you have passed the initial screening and one of our recruiters will be calling you to set up a phone interview within the next two to three weeks. We encourage you to research Japan and ALTs in general and if any questions arise we are more than happy to answer them for you. Thank you for your interest in working with Interac and we look forward to speaking with you."

Should I reply to this e-mail or just wait for them to get into contact with me? What if they call while I'm at a building at school where I don't have reception or while I'm at work and too busy to pay attention to my phone? Would it be okay to reply to the e-mail and write a short message with something like, "Thank you very much for the update. I'm excited to move forward in the application process. What time frame do the recruiters usually call (Japanese business hours)? I do not want to miss the call due to being preoccupied at school or work."?

Anyone have any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Hello everyone,

I've searched through this forum and I apologize if this topic has already been brought up, but I was wondering how to respond to my initial screening e-mail from Interac.

"We have received your completed application....application will be considered for interviews that will take place in April, May and June for a late August/September start date which is the beginning of the Japanese second trimester. We would like to let you know that you have passed the initial screening and one of our recruiters will be calling you to set up a phone interview within the next two to three weeks. We encourage you to research Japan and ALTs in general and if any questions arise we are more than happy to answer them for you. Thank you for your interest in working with Interac and we look forward to speaking with you."

Should I reply to this e-mail or just wait for them to get into contact with me? What if they call while I'm at a building at school where I don't have reception or while I'm at work and too busy to pay attention to my phone? Would it be okay to reply to the e-mail and write a short message with something like, "Thank you very much for the update. I'm excited to move forward in the application process. What time frame do the recruiters usually call (Japanese business hours)? I do not want to miss the call due to being preoccupied at school or work."?

Anyone have any advice?
    Looks automated. So, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Hello everyone,

Anyone have any advice?
    take a deep breath to start with....

You can reply if you like but its just an automated email. A recruiter (based in your country) will call you for a chat - ask you about yourself, why you want to go to japan, why you want to be an alt etc etc. Dont worry about missing the call - people have lives - just ring them back its no big deal. Be bright and cheerful and all that jazz
    How are you? Yes yes!

Default Re: Responding to Interac E-mail

Thank you for the responses! Okay, I'll calmly await their call.

advice for phone interview:

It's pretty basic, bu don't say you want to go to japan to adventure. Doesn't matter if that is true or not but that was one of the things you got rejected for at one of the companies I worked for.