Thread: Early arrival fail

Default Early arrival fail

Sooo.. advice needed. I applied saying I was able to go early if needed and got my extra stuff sent in and whatnot, but I now have a couple of important weddings to attend this summer and I would really rather not miss them.

Think it's gonna hurt me to drop to just normal arrival date eligibility? And should I just bring it up when I get to the interview?

Default Re: Early arrival fail

Fess up in the interview. Let them decide. There's not gonna be that many spots anyway.

Yeah. Hoping it wont hurt my rep too much. I guess I got this far, as long as I can prove I'm not crazy I have a good shot.
    Last edited by Lychee; February 4th, 2012 at 05:08.

Your friends will probably be divorced within a year anyway. This job could last you three, or even five years. You do the math.
    Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit
    It's like GG's life is run by a DM who lets him take all skill checks with his charisma modifier.

I'm with gg. I would not tell them you can't go early. The last thing you need is to appear wishywashy, and people locked in a room like that can get pissy after a while.

The odds of them slotting you with the early departures is slim anyway, and, as gg said, most people married in their 20s won't be in their 30s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

It's my dad :S

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    ahahahaha this made me laugh
    I probably post things that interest you
    nihonomnom | JET Program tales from Kobe-shi \(^ω^\)└(★o★)┐(〜^∇^)〜

For Fun
    For Profit
    For Science

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    Your dad's in his 20's??!?!"
    Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit
    It's like GG's life is run by a DM who lets him take all skill checks with his charisma modifier.

Lychee's dad is soo young that she had to get him a babysitter when she went to prom.

In all seriousness the Dad thing does change things, but I dunno about mentioning it. I would definitely give a big :/ to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

bahaha. My dad's 65 but just got engaged to be wed this summer

Yeah... I think my game plan is if I warm up to the interviewers enough towards the end if they ask my preference I'll stress that I'd prefer summer placement but can adjust to whatever they need me for.. /shrug.