Thread: Does anyone know of this place?

Default Does anyone know of this place?

Hi guys. Hissashiburi! I know it's been a long time since I've posted here. Seems things are a bit different now. I'm also back home in VA and have been for about a year now. I'm ready to try my hand at the ESL thing again, so looking into it.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here knew of the Lesley English School as I was contacted by the company for an interview. I tried to google it, but I didn't really come up with much, aside from the webpage and that doesn't really tell me much. I haven't come across anything negative or positive about it, which should probably be a good thing, but I am still highly curious if the company is legit or not.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
    Last edited by SSJup81; February 17th, 2012 at 03:20.

Melbourne - Osaka - Felixstowe - Melbourne - Yandina

Default Re: Does anyone know of this place?

This is all I could fine - students aged 3-60. Teachers design their own lessons. It's a not-for-profit organisation, so I'd say would be better to work for than AEON or any of that ilk.
    "Like anyone with a sliver of honesty in them I believe what I find I believe when I wake up each morning."
    Stephen Fry, The stars' tennis balls

Thanks for that. Where'd you obtain that information, btw? As for places like AEON or GEOS, they usually try to get the teachers to sell their textbooks, right?

If you can't find anything they could be new. Also try searching in katakana

Melbourne - Osaka - Felixstowe - Melbourne - Yandina

Quote Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
    Thanks for that. Where'd you obtain that information, btw? As for places like AEON or GEOS, they usually try to get the teachers to sell their textbooks, right?
    Nagai
    Also these if you can read Japanese - one is the school's own website but there are lots of comments, mostly positive.
    レズリー英会話 - Google Search

Most private language schools try to upsell something. They are run for profit, after all.
    "Like anyone with a sliver of honesty in them I believe what I find I believe when I wake up each morning."
    Stephen Fry, The stars' tennis balls

Quote Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
    GEOS is gone. Only a fake GEOS, that has worse working conditions than the old real GEOS did, is still around.

Thanks a lot and the place does seem to be pretty legit. I interviewed with this place and James. I lost out to James, but was offered a job by Lesley, so I took it. Seems pretty ideal, the actual job and I won't have to deal with a dispatch company.

Anywho, didn't know about GEOS. Surprising how much I'm finding out since coming back to the ESL world.