Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Server Funds Donation Drive / Begging

Default 2012 Server Funds Donation Drive / Begging

Every year ITIL asks for donations from its members to pay the server hosting bill. This year, the renewal is in August but as everyone knows money is tight, I'm starting the request for donations quite early.

The server costs £220 GBP ($345 USD) a year. We have reduced this cost over the years from around $480.

I'll throw $45 into the pot to get it started and give us a round number of $300. Any shortfall come August will also be covered by me (but the less the better! ).

Even if you have donated before, it would be highly appreciated if you would donate again.

To donate, please go to ITIL JET Programme / Japan Forum - Donation System

By donating, you keep the site alive as well as get a few extra bonuses (listed at the bottom of the donation page).

As always, thank you to all who donate and help keep the site online, especially for the new applicants who use the site to get information from the oldies

Target (August 2012): $345
    Donated so far (30 / May): $295
    Shortfall: $50
    Last edited by Beer Baron; May 30th, 2012 at 16:40.
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Melbourne - Osaka - Felixstowe - Melbourne - Yandina

Default Re: 2012 Server Funds Donation Drive / Begging

Just make it so that if you want to stay in VIP you have to donate something. Anything. Even a single dollar. If every member did that you'd be laughing.

And I'll get onto it just as soon as I remember to get the better half to show me how to use paypal. Again.
    "Like anyone with a sliver of honesty in them I believe what I find I believe when I wake up each morning."
    Stephen Fry, The stars' tennis balls

Great idea wicket!
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

....actually, Wicket`s idea isn`t too bad. But, I donated twice already and I only was able to view the VIP forums after the second time (/didn`t get a badge until the second time either). Is there a min donation to view VIP?

There's no minimum donation to become a VIP. I also see you have 2 icons now. At a guess, there may have been a problem with the ithinkimlost.com email system at the time of your first donation so I wouldnt have known about the donation until I logged into paypal which may have delayed things.

Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    Bronies aren't synonymous with clopping.

Also I tried clopping but there's a lack of decent artists out there tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    holding a gun is like handling gods penis, shooting hot divine jizz into the face of the heathens

Quote Originally Posted by PpJt View Post
    Done.
    Many thanks

Why the hell not. I've used this site more than plenty to help me through the process.

Merkypie, if you donated, could you send me a PM please. There was a dontation recently but no username attached.

Thanks

Just sent some love. Sorry, forgot to add my username to the donation.

Sending mine now. I'm on here enough, might as well send a little something.

Thanks for all the donations so far

What's the current shortfall?

$200, see the first post

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Baron View Post
    $200, see the first post
    The "11/March" is confusing. I was assuming the $200 was as of that date.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    The "11/March" is confusing. I was assuming the $200 was as of that date.
    Do you see an edited by and date at the bottom? I thoughht everyone saw that, but maybe its just the person who did it (ie. me?). Let me know

Edit: oooh i see the date you were talking about.... Updated
    Last edited by Beer Baron; April 5th, 2012 at 16:33.

...aaaand, donated.

And yes, we see the "edited" info as well.
    Last edited by Antonath; April 5th, 2012 at 18:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    ...aaaand, donated.

And yes, we see the "edited" info as well.
    Thank you so much for your very generous donation

If I, a noob who joined at the wrong time of year to be merely scrounging for SOP tips can donate, so can some of you scumbags.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    Bronies aren't synonymous with clopping.

Also I tried clopping but there's a lack of decent artists out there tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    holding a gun is like handling gods penis, shooting hot divine jizz into the face of the heathens

I pretty much credit my shortlist to this site. I'm on a server's budget but I spared what I could. I encourage any others on this site who were shortlisted to donate so that people can continue to have this resource in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN View Post
    Since when does awareness of surrounding make an ALT better? Chances are if they didn't have a clue and got lost in the forest and eaten by bears on the way to work, the school would be better off and the ALT would in turn be a better ALT.