Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interview with Interac = guaranteed employment?

Default Re: Interview with Interac = guaranteed employment?

I was interviewed by Interac and ended up not getting accepted.

Everything seemed to go well with the exception of a few moments during my English lesson where I got nervous and fumbled on some things. Also started having trouble keeping a smile going as the interviewers signaled me to do more of during the lesson. The one on one with the interviewer went very well however.

Also, if you get turned down after the interview process, they pretty much won't look at you again if you reapply I've found.

Sorry to hear that Sirrus! There are many employers out there, so just keep trying. Good luck on your continued search.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Sorry to hear that Sirrus! There are many employers out there, so just keep trying. Good luck on your continued search.
    That was actually some time ago. Teaching in Japan for me doesn't feel to be worth the effort to pursue anymore to be honest, and I've moved onto focusing my efforts towards starting a career. I popped back in and just wanted to throw in my two cents from my own experience with the Interac interview on here.
    Last edited by Sirrus; May 24th, 2012 at 23:38.

I had a phone interview with Interac and didn't make it. I don't know what went wrong since I answered the questions the same way I approached my JET interview but Interac was like LOLno. So, it's probably not as easy to get in. I guess if I sounded more desperate? idk

Oh wow Merkypie! I've seen your posts on the JET forum. I can't believe Interac wouldn't select you. Maybe they thought you wouldn't actually end up going to Japan with them. Maybe the recruiter you spoke to was having a bad day. It just shows the imperfection of the selection process.

Yo~

Well, I had that phone interview right after I had my JET interview but like a week or two before shortlist results came out. So I guess I didn't sound hungry enough like the type of applicants they were getting during that period (JET interview rejects, etc)

Yes, JET rejects like me. Well, I didn't even get an interview. Hungry like the wolf.

Try this fall? Interac isn't as derpy during the process.

Oh, I should have said I was hungry like the wolf. I already got accepted with Interac for fall! JET is the better of the two money-wise, but I'll at least have flexibility with placement and lots of vacation time, and money isn't really such a big concern as long as I can support myself. So, I'm still happy and looking forward to living and teaching abroad. d^.^b

Hey all

Been trolling this site for a while now however never signed up or posted before.

I thought id say I had my interview with Interac last week waiting on a yes or a no

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Oh, I should have said I was hungry like the wolf. I already got accepted with Interac for fall! JET is the better of the two money-wise, but I'll at least have flexibility with placement and lots of vacation time, and money isn't really such a big concern as long as I can support myself. So, I'm still happy and looking forward to living and teaching abroad. d^.^b
    Oh well, congrats! Maybe we'll cross paths in Japan in the future

I'm starting to see a pattern here. A lot of people who got into JET said they were rejected by Interac, and vice versa. I wonder if they both look for different criteria altogether?

I've been accepted with Interac for the fall intake as well. JET didn't even so much as glance at my application from what I can tell. Either way, I'm content, despite the fact that JET would have been the preferable choice.

@merkypie Thank you!

@akanemukade Probably they look at criteria a little differently, I'm sure the SoP is more important to JET than any essay I wrote for Interac was for them, but mostly I think it reflects the slight randomness of the selection process. With either JET or Interac they have multiple human application evaluators with a level of personal bias in interpreting their organizations' values who go through a ton of apps very quickly knowing there are more qualified applicants than there are positions. And the difference in interviewers is probably even greater. There are friendly as well as strict interviewers, and not all interviewees perform the same with each type.
    Last edited by anonymoose; May 28th, 2012 at 04:38.