Thread: Kobe-shi JETs 2012!!

Default Kobe-shi JETs 2012!!

So placements are finally out!

If your headed to Kobe-shi your in the right place!

Looking for more info about life in Hyogo, http://www.hyogoajet.net/ is a good place to start!

Kobe (神戸) is a port city located on the Seto Inland Sea just west of Osaka. It is a very modern city with a population of about 1.5 million. The living style is comfortable and relaxed in Kobe, also with its central location; it is convenient for reaching most parts of West Japan, especially the historic cities of Kyoto and Nara.

I have taken this information from my current contract as i left with early departure so its upto date for 2012/13

Work

Kobe is a very JET-friendly city with JETs reside near each other forming a very close-knit community. Everyone helps each other out; so don't feel shy to ask the second or third year JETs any questions that you may have. There are currently 114 JETs hired by Kobe City.

Apart from JET participants, there are also 8 Kobe Assistant Teacher of English (KATE) employed by the Kobe City Board of Education. KATE participants have lived in Japan for a long time and many are fluent in Japanese. If you have any questions relating to team teaching with Japanese teachers, or any questions relating to life in Kobe, KATEs are also a useful source of information.

Remuneration

You will receive an annual salary of ¥3,360,000 before tax (any applicable Japanese income or local resident taxes will be the deduction for this salary). After the deduction of Health Insurance, Disability, Pension Welfare and Employment Insurance contributions you will receive a monthly salary of approximately ¥240,000~\250,000. Your monthly rent will be deducted automatically each month from your salary. Each month you will receive a commuting allowance covering the costs of getting to and from your school.

Housing

Kobe JETs generally live in 3 suburban locations: Gakuentoshi, Hanayama, and Port Island (the latter usually being only married couples). Of the three, Gakuentoshi is generally regarded as being the most convenient, while Hanayama is regarded as more scenic.
    Gakuentoshi (学園都市) is located in the western ward (西区 - Nishi-ku) of Kobe, and is currently home to 30+ JET program participants. It lies on the Seishin-Yamate Subway line, and is approximately 25 minutes train ride away from Sannomiya (三宮). JETs placed in this area live in close proximity to one another, as well as many city conveniences.

The City of Kobe will provide apartments according to the following conditions:

i) Single 1 or 2 DK apartment (1 or 2 rooms, small kitchen, washroom/toilet, unfurnished)- size based on availability

RENT - between ¥30,000~38,000/month
    (Subsidized from between \50,000~70,000)
    No key or deposit money required

ii) Family 2LDK or 3DK apartment (2 or 3 rooms, kitchen, washroom/toilet, unfurnished)
    RENT- between \40,000~45,000/month
    (Subsidized from between \80,000~110,000)

iii) Rent will be deducted from your monthly salary. Guidance Division-subsidized apartment is equipped
    with the following: refrigerator, gas cooking stove, electric fan, telephone set, lighting fixtures, curtains and futon. You are not required to pay a deposit on arrival and the first month’s rent will be taken from your first paycheck.
    Last edited by Takoyaki; May 7th, 2012 at 22:43.
    I probably post things that interest you
    nihonomnom | JET Program tales from Kobe-shi \(^ω^\)└(★o★)┐(〜^∇^)〜

For Fun
    For Profit
    For Science

In one of Florida's ubiquitous retirement towns

Quote Originally Posted by Takoyaki View Post

i) Single 1 or 2 DK apartment (1 or 2 rooms, small kitchen, washroom/toilet, unfurnished)- size based on availability

RENT - between ¥30,000~38,000/month
    (Subsidized from between \50,000~70,000)

ii) Family 2LDK or 3DK apartment (2 or 3 rooms, kitchen, washroom/toilet, unfurnished)
    RENT- between \40,000~45,000/month
    (Subsidized from between \80,000~110,000)

iii) Rent will be deducted from your monthly salary. Guidance Division-subsidized apartment is equipped
    with the following: refrigerator, gas cooking stove, electric fan, telephone set, lighting fixtures, curtains and futon. You are not required to pay a deposit on arrival and the first month’s rent will be taken from your first paycheck.
    Wow, that's a pretty awesome rent situation! No muss, no fuss. Hope I'm as lucky~
    Bex | Atlanta | Shortlisted 2012

Default Re: Kobe-shi JETs 2012!!

go Kobe jets Had early arrival and got here last month!