Thread: FBI check status

Default FBI check status

Hello all,

I am worried that my FBI background check application will be denied because I did the fingerprints myself. In an effort to get verification that my application went through successfully I have been looking at my credit card account to see if it has been charged. So far I have seen no charges. Has anyone seen a charge on their card yet that applied around the same time that I did?

I sent my application on May 1st.

Lost in a Strange Land lilyanphino's Avatar

Default Re: FBI check status

You won't be seeing anything with that for another couple of weeks is my bet. FBI background checks can take up to 10 weeks or more.

If you're that worried, do another set. No guarantee THEY will be any better, and no guarantee you'll get them in time either.
    いいみで

You can actually call the FBI to check on the status, the number is 304-625-5590. They can't tell you the results of the check, but you should probably know already if you have a criminal history anyway, haha, but they CAN tell you if they mailed out your results successfully, so they may be able to tell you if there was a problem with your prints.

edited to mention that I sent mine out a few days after we got our shortlist notification, and they're supposedly mailing it to the consulate next week, so I'm not sure whether yours will be in the system yet at this point.
    Last edited by ashley41430; May 25th, 2012 at 00:31.

Lost in a Strange Land lilyanphino's Avatar

Also, if you are that unsure about your FBI prints being good, go ahead and get your state background check. That one took a week for me.

Edit: If your FBI background check hasn't come in, the consulate can still send you to Japan if your state background check is clear. As long as they get your FBI background check eventually. My background check didn't come in until October or November even though I sent it in at the beginning of July. (I had bad prints and had to do the process about 3 times.)
    Last edited by lilyanphino; May 25th, 2012 at 07:18.

My background check was a freaking nightmare and took forever. I had to send the consulate a piece of paper showing I had sent everything in on a certain date and just have that count.
    If you do need to redo your prints, I went to my university ad the police did it there for free. Is there a police station or college near you you could get it done at?

i would say do another. Its i better to be safe then sorry. I had a friend last year who was about to get moved off the alternates list but then found out two days later her prints were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by enthuesd View Post
    Hello all,

I am worried that my FBI background check application will be denied because I did the fingerprints myself. In an effort to get verification that my application went through successfully I have been looking at my credit card account to see if it has been charged. So far I have seen no charges. Has anyone seen a charge on their card yet that applied around the same time that I did?

I sent my application on May 1st.
    Not that this eases your anxiety, but they will still charge your CC whether your prints were clear or not. (I had all kinds of fingerprint trouble myself, so I empathize.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But sometimes ALT-sensei use hashi. I think is very subarashii. Maybe it is not real for my eyes. I must ask him if hashi is ok to use. ... So I am still very confused about hashi. I will ask again in the future everyday.