Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Waiting on interac...

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HavingAFit View Post
    Well, actually Pika, my recruiter said nothing about receiving an email or anything. All my documents were in by the time of the seminar, so at the end of the interview, he basically told me that I would find out in the next three weeks.

    So, here I am.
    My recruiter said the same thing and didn't tell us about the confirmation e-mail we would be receiving, and he even sent an e-mail with a summary of the important points from the seminar and instructions going forward the day after, and then a couple weeks later, when I was expecting to hear back about the offer of employment I was surprised to get an e-mail from Tokyo saying that -then- the three week waiting period started.

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pika View Post
    My recruiter said the same thing and didn't tell us about the confirmation e-mail we would be receiving, and he even sent an e-mail with a summary of the important points from the seminar and instructions going forward the day after, and then a couple weeks later, when I was expecting to hear back about the offer of employment I was surprised to get an e-mail from Tokyo saying that -then- the three week waiting period started.
    Hmmm, that's exactly what my recruiter has done. So, I guess that means that they haven't sent it off yet.

    Got the two emails you mentioned. Another girl from the seminar said she contacted them to ask them if her file has been sent and they said no.

    I will email about mine on Monday.

    I find that very unprofessional though.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HavingAFit View Post
    Hmmm, that's exactly what my recruiter has done. So, I guess that means that they haven't sent it off yet.

    Got the two emails you mentioned. Another girl from the seminar said she contacted them to ask them if her file has been sent and they said no.

    I will email about mine on Monday.

    I find that very unprofessional though.
    I hardly think it's unprofessional to follow up on something. It shows you're at least interested. I guess it's a double edged sword. Nagging is rude, but a polite email to ask how things are going isn't a problem, especially given the time frame. Go for it!

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yarantoikenbai View Post
    I hardly think it's unprofessional to follow up on something. It shows you're at least interested. I guess it's a double edged sword. Nagging is rude, but a polite email to ask how things are going isn't a problem, especially given the time frame. Go for it!
    I didn't mean following up is unprofessional. Them telling us wait three weeks at seminar and three weeks later finding out that your files haven't even reached Tokyo as yet is unprofessional.

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HavingAFit View Post
    I didn't mean following up is unprofessional. Them telling us wait three weeks at seminar and three weeks later finding out that your files haven't even reached Tokyo as yet is unprofessional.
    Ohh, I see. Yes, I agree. They lost my confirmation of graduation, with loads of personal details on! They made it up, paid me to get a replacement and that, but I was less than impressed.

    Let's hope that they've been sent.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yarantoikenbai View Post
    Ohh, I see. Yes, I agree. They lost my confirmation of graduation, with loads of personal details on! They made it up, paid me to get a replacement and that, but I was less than impressed.

    Let's hope that they've been sent.
    I hope they have been. I'll know by Monday though. Just giving them a day more to see. What really sucks is that I could wait all this time and still not get the job.

  7. #27
    Member Laevatienn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere... maybe... I think I'm lost... anyone got a map?
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HavingAFit View Post
    I didn't mean following up is unprofessional. Them telling us wait three weeks at seminar and three weeks later finding out that your files haven't even reached Tokyo as yet is unprofessional.
    Hmm, that really depends. The system they use requires people get there crap in (visa docs) and the... references, I believe, before they send the file. If they don't have your references/all your docs then they won't send your file. That and it depends on what area you are in. The Europe recruiting people are... not the best to say the least, for example. Well, good luck with getting your stuff over. Also, they tend to send packages together if they still do it the way they did it a few years ago. Once a week or so. Of course it could be human error as well in which case, well, it happens. It's like playing Russian Roulette, waiting until a human screws something up at some point. Who it effects is up to chance.
    Last edited by Laevatienn; June 18th, 2012 at 05:58.
    "I wonder how much effort is requires for a person to become happy. I think misfortune is a spiral. Once it starts it's hard to escape. In order to escape it takes everything you have to reach the end. Once you've given everything you can finally grasp it. I think that's what happiness means." Rena Ryuuguu

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •