Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Interac Placements Summer/Fall 2012

Default Interac Placements Summer/Fall 2012

I just thought I'd go ahead and create this thread for anyone hired by Interac who has or will soon find out their placement for the Summer/Fall 2012 season.

Now, I don't know where I'm going yet, but I do know that our placements will be coming out within the next month or so. So as soon as you guys find out where you're going, let us know so we can all freak out together

And yes, I realize that there's always a good chance our placements will get changed at the last minute.

Until then, I'd be interested to hear where everyone requested to be placed.

I requested Hokkaido, so we'll see if that works out.

Good Idea, Even just getting a start date would be nice.

I also requested Hokkaido, so here's hoping !

Default Re: Interac Placements Summer/Fall 2012

I'm not sure what page everyone else is on, but I just got an update stating that my CoE had been placed. Apparently, it takes 3 weeks for it to process. They said that based on the most recent batch, it would take until July 9th for it to be done, so I don't expect to hear anything until then.
    Last edited by tairygreen; June 14th, 2012 at 15:47.

Quote Originally Posted by tairygreen View Post
    I'm not sure what page everyone else is on, but I just got an update stating that my CoE had been placed. Apparently, it takes 3 weeks for it to process. They said that based on the most recent batch, it would take until July 9th for it to be done, so I don't expect to hear anything until then.
    I got the same email a few days ago. Does that mean those of us who got this email will get our placements on the 9th?

I was under the impression that the CoE and placements didn't really affect each other. I got my email from Interac last night saying they submitted my CoE paperwork, but they said to expect it around July 25th.

I got the same e-mail. For length of stay, if we put 3 years will we have a better chance of getting the 3-year visa? I plan on staying for 2 years, but maybe I will decide to stay an extra year or so. We wouldn't be less likely to get a visa for putting a longer stay, right?

From what I've read it's pretty random whether you get the 1-year visa or the 3-year visa. I would like to try for the 3-year one, because the fewer times I have to go through this visa application process, the better. Anyone else have any thoughts/experiences on this?

For the record when you stop teaching your instructor visa is invalid even if it has time left, and if you're caught the penalties are basically the same as not having a visa. Sponsoring a visa costs the company little else besides paperwork but it's not like you can teach a year on the visa than go hide in Tokyo.
    Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit
    It's like GG's life is run by a DM who lets him take all skill checks with his charisma modifier.

As long as I stay I'll be working, and when I switch from a teaching position I'll file the paperwork to change the visa, but if I decide to teach a second or third year, it'd be nice to already have the visa worked out. Still, thank you for the information.

Just a question since we're on this topic.

If you have a contract for a year and, say, you decide to quit, will your Visa then become invalid? Meaning, if you decide to cut your contract short, you will have to leave Japan?

@neggo

No, you can stay and get a different job. But it's hard to find help getting your last month's pay when you violate your contract, and I wouldn't expect any help. Also, you will have lost a good reference. I'm not sure how long you're allowed to be job searching when you decide to quit, though...

interac is a good reference? *snigger*

you have 3 months to find a new job
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    interac is a good reference? *snigger*

you have 3 months to find a new job
    Lol. I meant, you lost the opportunity to get a good (positive) reference letter from Interac. Not that Interac is a particularly good reference. I did word that in an unclear way.

Hello All. This is my first post. I am going to Japan to work for Interac in Autumn and am waiting on my placement info. My CoE has been submitted to the authorities over there so I am in the same boat as many of you. Really looking forward to going now and meeting some new people.

Hey guys, I got my placement!

I'm going to be in Sakai City in the Osaka prefecture. I wanted to be in Hokkaido, but the recruiter told me that there aren't a lot of placements up there.

Apparently, a lot of ALTs are placed in Sakai. I'm worried though because the contract expires in March and if I want to stay with Interac, I'll have to move to another city by April, but I decided to accept because I'm glad to be in a city and I don't want to drive. We'll see how it goes. I'm excited though! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by akanemukade View Post
    Hey guys, I got my placement!

I'm going to be in Sakai City in the Osaka prefecture. I wanted to be in Hokkaido, but the recruiter told me that there aren't a lot of placements up there.

Apparently, a lot of ALTs are placed in Sakai. I'm worried though because the contract expires in March and if I want to stay with Interac, I'll have to move to another city by April, but I decided to accept because I'm glad to be in a city and I don't want to drive. We'll see how it goes. I'm excited though! ^_^
    That's awesome! I'm really jealous of your placement! Maybe you can move somewhere nearby and it won't be so bad, or maybe something will open up in Hokkaido and you can live where you wanted to. Either way, congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by pika View Post
    That's awesome! I'm really jealous of your placement! Maybe you can move somewhere nearby and it won't be so bad, or maybe something will open up in Hokkaido and you can live where you wanted to. Either way, congratulations!
    Thanks! I'll also be teaching Junior High.

And yeah, that's what I'm counting on too. Maybe Sakai will be a nice introduction to Japan, and then I can move to Hokkaido next year. I'm more worried about the cost of relocating, hopefully they'll reimburse some of the expense... hopefully.

Holy crap so jearous. Osaka is an awesome, awesome city, seriously. You will get so fat on delicious food. Also, urban placements mean less likelihood of your namesake making an appearance.

Sent off my resume for Interac yesterday so hope that my placement comes soon...Do you have your CoE yet, akanemukade?

Last edited by akanemukade; September 27th, 2017 at 05:26.

@ akanemukade: Congratulations dude, that is awesome. So since you got into Osaka, does that mean you got teaching experience? Hmm I also wonder when Australia will start getting placement calls. You guys in the US and UK are always one step ahead of us :P

Last edited by akanemukade; September 27th, 2017 at 05:26.