Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Interac Placements Summer/Fall 2012

I am wary of joining the Facebook group as well, for the same reasons. It isn't that there is anything incriminating on my page, but I would prefer that it remained private. As far as networking, this board works just fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarantoikenbai View Post
    Unless you're a blinding racist/drug addict/murderer/kiddy fiddler with proof on your Facebook, I wouldn't worry. Once you have your first enkai, you'll be so boozed up that any pics on Facebook will pale in comparison. It does have some good links and discussions on it so definitely give it a look.

I'm not any of those things, but I've had my Facebook since I was like 15 or 16, and I was a very experimental high school student. Evidence of underage drinking, immodest pictures, and inappropriate comments can definitely be found on my page, evidence of drug use on several of my friends' pages. Idk how much they look into things, is all.

[EDIT] Why couldn't they have used LinkedIn? Lol.
    Last edited by pika; July 21st, 2012 at 07:34.

Attention guys, thought you should know:
    ★ CoE UPDATE ★ 49 CoE packs were dispatched from the Tokyo Head Office today by FedEx

Updated on the Interac Facebook Members page. Considering there will be close to 180 people coming to Japan as ALT's, that is 25% of COE's posted at once

Mine is arriving on Monday, according to FedEx. I'm pretty excited!

Quote Originally Posted by akanemukade View Post
    Mine is arriving on Monday, according to FedEx. I'm pretty excited!
    How do you know? How did you get the tracking number?

Yep, Interac sent me a tracking number, and according to FedEx it's already at the processing facility in my state.

Just to keep you guys posted COE's have been delayed

Quote Originally Posted by calebrulezz View Post
    Just to keep you guys posted COE's have been delayed
    Not here in the States. FedEx actually called to inform me of the delivery.

Did they give any reason as to why or what the new projected delivery date is?

I heard they're only sending out a bunch at a time, like around 40 or 50 at a time. I'm not sure if that's how they handled it in previous years, but maybe that has something to do with it?

I just handed mine in for my Visa today, so I consider myself lucky.

From Interac Members Facebook page:
    ★ CoE UPDATE ★ Due to the recent changes in the residence management system in Japan, the processing of CoEs is taking a little longer than usual. If you have not been advised of your CoE issue yet don't panic! A placement/recruitment representative from Tokyo will email you as soon as it is in (please refrain from emailing about this for now).

Quote Originally Posted by akanemukade View Post
    I just handed mine in for my Visa today, so I consider myself lucky.
    you are lucky… I got mine, but have to mail it out of state for the visa…

I just got an email with my fedex tracking details. Anyone have any ideas how long the visa takes to turn around once you've dropped off the documents?

Default Re: Interac Placements Summer/Fall 2012

Embassy of Japan in the UK

3 days for us in the UK. Allow for longer, obviously

I brought my CoE directly to my local consulate and I plan to pick the Visa up once it's ready. I was told that it generally takes four business days to process, but if they're really busy it could take up to seven business days.

Default Re: Interac Placements Summer/Fall 2012

I got a placement finally (PM me if you're interested where), and I'll be attending the August 21st Tokyo training! I've bought my plane ticket, and my CoE should arrive tomorrow. So exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by pika View Post
    I'm not any of those things, but I've had my Facebook since I was like 15 or 16, and I was a very experimental high school student. Evidence of underage drinking, immodest pictures, and inappropriate comments can definitely be found on my page, evidence of drug use on several of my friends' pages. Idk how much they look into things, is all.

[EDIT] Why couldn't they have used LinkedIn? Lol.
    Dude, privacy settings.
    You can make it so nobody or not certain groups of people or only certain people can view photos tagged of you or photo albums of you.
    I have pictures of all kinds of unprofessional dodgyness on facebook, I specifically have my settings so that that kind of thing isnt available to my mother and the students who decide to add me though.

Took my CoE to the Embassy today for pick-up next week. The fed-ex service was pretty good. I was at work so they can leave it for you if you let them know on a card they leave. Have bboked flights and such and will arrive on the 21st Aug. I had a party at the Ambassador's residence last night and we spoke of Japan etc. I'm pretty excited now.

Got my COE today. Ohh yeha. Taking it tomorrow to get visa. Everything is falling together quickly

Btw congrats Pika on your placement

Quote Originally Posted by calebrulezz View Post
    Got my COE today. Ohh yeha. Taking it tomorrow to get visa. Everything is falling together quickly

Btw congrats Pika on your placement
    Thank you! I'm taking my CoE in tomorrow. I'll be very happy to meet people in Tokyo soon. The days until departure are melting away.

Hi guys, just found this forum and it is excellent! Anyway I'm coming over in August, but I've just found out I'll be working in the office in Tokyo and occasionally as a substitute. I was so prepared for teaching I'm worried about what the office job is like. Does anyone have any idea? Has anyone else been offered this type of job? Help!