Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Interac Placements Summer/Fall 2012

Quote Originally Posted by patrickpants View Post
    the x-ray is pretty expensive... you should go with the skin test option that interac mentions:

I got the regular skin test, because it was about $50 cheaper than the xray test, at about $9 for the test. It was really simple and took about 5 minutes each visit.
    Interac will pay for it in Japan. I don't have health insurance in the US, so it'd probably be about $200 to get it done here. So it's really free versus $200 for the x-ray.

But, if it's done in America, a blood test, skin test or an x-ray is fine. The blood test or skin test might be significantly less, I haven't looked into it.

Quote Originally Posted by pika View Post
    The blood test or skin test might be significantly less, I haven't looked into it.
    I have insurance, and the co-pay at the clinic would have been more expensive than the $9 test itself, so if you have the time it might be a decent investment and less invasive than a chest x-ray. It is entirely up to you, though.

Yo guys got my visa today and submitted my tb results to HO. They accepted my skin test, and it is recommended as why expose yourself to unneeded radiation

Wait you guys, didn't Interac send a correction email stating that we had to have a chest x-ray no matter what?
    not quite, the correction email states

Should you wish to undertake a TB test in your home country in order to avoid this risk, please arrange for a TB examination (blood test, skin test or an x-ray) at your own time and expense and submit the results to INTERAC’s Tokyo office by either fax or e-mail. Please bring the original results with you when you come to Japan.
    the reason they sent the correction email was because the first email stated something like "You are required to have either a Mantoux test or a chest x-ray before you arrive in Japan" while the correction email states that you can also be tested for it while in Japan (determined by chest x-ray), but if the results are inconclusive, your contract may be put on hold.
    Last edited by patrickpants; August 2nd, 2012 at 07:16.

I was confused by all of the TB conjecture from Interac.

So you can get either here from what I gather.

Do you need to fax/email the results to them or just bring the originals with you?

Last edited by akanemukade; September 27th, 2017 at 05:25.

Default Re: Interac Placements Summer/Fall 2012

I had my one done here in Canberra (X ray). It was free to do here because of our public health services. I sent the results to Interac via pdf. Are we supposed to bring the Xray as well. It's quite large. Also, I have been placed in a pretty nice little apartment which seems modern and new. The team at my branch are also helping me to order my futon and bedspread which I thought was really good of them. I'm feeling very positive about the up-coming job now and really excited to return to Japan and get into the regular schedule of work. (Luckily I've been working from 8:30 until 5pm for the Government over here so I'm used to the early mornings)

Quote Originally Posted by jollyrodger View Post
    I had my one done here in Canberra (X ray). It was free to do here because of our public health services. I sent the results to Interac via pdf. Are we supposed to bring the Xray as well. It's quite large. Also, I have been placed in a pretty nice little apartment which seems modern and new. The team at my branch are also helping me to order my futon and bedspread which I thought was really good of them. I'm feeling very positive about the up-coming job now and really excited to return to Japan and get into the regular schedule of work. (Luckily I've been working from 8:30 until 5pm for the Government over here so I'm used to the early mornings)
    I'm pretty sure you just need to bring the examination results that the doctor gives you saying you don't have TB, not the actual x-ray itself.

Cool. Thanks for that

Thought I'd share this awesome blog I found: AccessJ: Being an ALT #1: Teaching English in Japan

The section I specifically linked to answers a lot of questions I've had about moving to Japan and ALT work. Maybe it'll help someone else also.

I just got the skin test (mantoux) done because it was cheaper than the x-ray, I think if they're not happy for some reason they do the chest x-ray in japan (for free)

Hey guys

I'm applying for the March intake 2013 and I've hit some snags in the application form that maybe someone here knows how to deal with:

1. On the work history and the achievements section, how do you get each entry you make in date order? Every time I add a new entry, it seems to go into a random order date wise and looks a mess!

2. How many references are we supposed to submit with the app form? I can't find where it says!

3. On the work history, how many years do you have to go back?

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakurahoshi View Post
    Hey guys

I'm applying for the March intake 2013 and I've hit some snags in the application form that maybe someone here knows how to deal with:

1. On the work history and the achievements section, how do you get each entry you make in date order? Every time I add a new entry, it seems to go into a random order date wise and looks a mess!

2. How many references are we supposed to submit with the app form? I can't find where it says!

Thanks for the help.
    1 -- I seem to remember them being added to the list in the order you input them (So you'd enter the oldest items first, newest items last) but apparently that isn't happening? Sorry I can't be more help with this.

2 -- I submitted a total of two references with my application; they might accept just one, but it's probably a better idea to have two.

3 -- I think I went about 4-6 years back, which is probably all the work history that most people who are applying for this position have.

I hope this helps some, and good luck!

Somewhere... maybe... I think I'm lost... anyone got a map?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakurahoshi View Post
    Hey guys

Thanks for the help.
    Sorry, can't help with your first question, that's a back end thing where the database sorts it. Usually, like Junipe said, it will sort by order you enter them in even if you don't see it in that order. A number is basically assigned to your entry and the increment automatically increases each time you add one.

Two: They need two refs to get back with them. Any less than two and they can't consider you. Yay internal rhymes. Just make sure your references know they are going to be contacted. You wouldn't believe how many people looking for jobs lists a reference without contacting them beforehand which results in a "who" remark from the reference.

Three: You decide, there is no required amount or limit. Just note that no work experience looks bad while a lot of work experience is good. Too many short jobs (i.e. worked at A for one month, B for one month, C for one month, etc.) can look bad. Large gaps can be bad as well. Don't sweat it too much but make sure you have most of your experience on there.

Good luck! Being an ALT is a fun job even if it can be hectic at times.
    "I wonder how much effort is requires for a person to become happy. I think misfortune is a spiral. Once it starts it's hard to escape. In order to escape it takes everything you have to reach the end. Once you've given everything you can finally grasp it. I think that's what happiness means." Rena Ryuuguu

Thanks guys. I managed to get most of it in order after redoing it all. I submitted the form on Sunday and they already invited me for a phone interview for next week! Very impressed at the speed; I think I'm too used to JET's snail pace.

So are other people here shooting for the March 2013 intake?

Well this thread is mainly for Interac Placements for the Summer/Fall 2012 season, which is drawing to a close since most of us are already in Japan. But if you want to start a new thread about Spring 2013 intake, I'm sure you'd get more responses there.