Thread: Summer Intensive Language Course

Default Summer Intensive Language Course

Saw an earlier thread about this made in Novemeber, but I didn't wanna hijack it.
    Instead of sitting at my BOE for the month of August, I'm going to try to sell them on letting me do a 2 week program without taking nenkyu. Preferably somewhere in Kansai, but Tokyo would work as well.
    I'm currently studying for 2-kyu, but probably won't pass, if my level is of any importance.
    Input would be awesome thanks.

Default Re: Summer Intensive Language Course

Ha I was trying to get my school to do the same, but they don't seem to be buying my logic.

AJET has a list of summer courses; I was looking at the one in Aichi as someone recommended it to me:

Japanese Language Courses & Reviews | AJET
    always put off today what should have been done yesterday

Study leave has been massively curtailed for teachers, and for most other government employees, if I recall correctly. One too many civil servants caught shopping, partying, etc, when they were supposed to be either studying at home, or on a course. Even if you do find a suitable course over the summer, they may not let you go unless you take it as nenkyuu.
    ...because Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    Study leave has been massively curtailed for teachers, and for most other government employees, if I recall correctly. One too many civil servants caught shopping, partying, etc, when they were supposed to be either studying at home, or on a course. Even if you do find a suitable course over the summer, they may not let you go unless you take it as nenkyuu.
    I've got a pretty good relationship with my BOE and another girl in the next town over did it last year so I was hoping I could sell them on letting me get the extra days off for it. But at this point, I need a two week program that provides housing, starting after August 2nd for something around the N3 N2 level. It doesn't need to be a JLPT course though.

I knew a few people who did this one in Aichi ACJS Program Catalog: Short Intensive Language Acquisition Course (SILAC).

You could customize courses and it packed in a lot of classes for 2 weeks. There are also lots of choices for levels.

Banned

It doesn't need to be a JLPT course though. and it packed in a lot of classes for 2 weeks