Thread: Exposing Amity

Default Exposing Amity

Hello,

I find the lack of information on the negative aspects of working for Amity on the internet quite lacking despite my experiences talking to people who have worked there and have worked for Aeon. Of course placement has a lot do do with how you will end up viewing the company, but I have to say I believe that the company itself is extremely shady and treats it's staff and clientele with little respect, not to mention them breaking several of the Japanese labor laws. I have created a blog dedicated to the promotion of these types of discussions, and I would like to gather experiences from as many people as possible. Anyways, feel free to send me messages there, or comment on this post as well to open discussion. Thanks and take care!

Here is the link
    Amity Hell

Default Re: Exposing Amity

Last edited by Papa Smurf; June 18th, 2013 at 20:27.

I'm still trying to figure out how you thought that was the most relevant thing to make make a post about, or your reasons for being uninvitedly rude.

Please don't make a judgement based solely upon two or three quick and unedited tumblr posts. I think my grammar is quite fine. I actually helped my friend here study for, and pass Eiken 1. Even so, I will be the first to admit the AEON will hire just about anyone with a bachelors degree.

It is truly surprising to me why you responded the way you did. My post was purely informational, and my blog exists for the purpose of warning those who may not be able to find such information easily. I won't stoop to lows like you, and start bashing someone I don't know. I will just assume you have never been to Japan or worked for an Eikaiwa.

Anyways, take care.
    I hope Interac goes smoother for you than Amity has gone for me.

Last edited by Papa Smurf; June 18th, 2013 at 20:27.

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE mteacher80's Avatar

☆★REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★☆

Are you still working for them? Last time I worked for AEON my contract stated that I couldn't say/do anything that would place the company in a bad light while working for them and for one year after. I am not saying you don't have the right to be angry and frustrated, just know that if you are still working for them you may be bringing more grief to yourself by exposing them now.

Mind you my contract also stipulated that I had to wear make up :P
    Last edited by Ainigi; July 8th, 2012 at 23:06. Reason: my computer has a mind of its own and likes to format my posts.

I had a friend who worked for Amity and had a really negative view of them so this is probably correct! Her biggest complaint was having to stay after hours and clean the place up, it was like 1-2 extra hours of unpaid work every day. She ended up quitting after a few months!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Smurf View Post
    The scariest thing I've learned from your blog is that people can get teaching jobs in Japan even if they have horrible grammar.
    fひcking lol.

I know someone who went through Amity recruiting and did not get a very good impression. Over the top.