Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RCS

Banned

Default RCS

At RCS we were told we would be paid a month late, because people just get up and leave Japan.Why do they leave? I thought. Perhaps because they do not get paid? They told us to arrive a month before we start work for the interviews. Yes RCS is a dispatch company, they may accept you via an "interview" over skype, but you do not have a job. Not until you go with them to the board of education and pass that interview. So after three months in Japan, two of which I had been working for RCS I was paid much later than two months, since (RCS said) I did not have a Japanese bank account. To get a Japanese bank account you need to have the appropriate visa. As you see below RCS were acting illegally. As I did not have a visa, I could not open a Japanese bank account.Evidence speaks a thousand words. Here is evidence of RCS breaking Japanese law (note the "personal reason"):

Friday, 20 April 2012, 16:36

Dear ALTs,

Good afternoon!
    As you know, we have been in touch with your school to tell them you will not be able to go in on Monday for a personal reason. Please make sure you keep your explanation as simple as that, a personal reason, if anyone asks. I doubt anyone will ask, but it is important that you do not talk about your situation with anyone.
    At the Tokyo office you can pick up your CoE and take it to immigration. You will likely have to return to immigration after a week or two. They will send you a post card to let you know the visa is ready to be picked up. Let us know when that date is and we will work something out with your school again so you can be absent with no problems. On the rare occasion they will issue the visa on the same day, but it is not very common at all. Good luck though, that would be very lucky and convenient for you. Fingers crossed!

1. Please go to the Tokyo office on Monday (April 23) by 9am. The person you need to speak to will be at the office at 9am (not 8, like I may have told you already, sorry about that!).
    2. Immigration has some crazy hours, for example they close at for lunch and then close at 4pm for the rest of the afternoon. Not very convenient, especially for a place that gets very busy at times, so please get there early.
    3. Make sure you bring your PASSPORT!
    4. Directions to the Tokyo office are below and a map is attached to this email.

To the Tokyo office:
    Please make your way to Nishi Waseda station on the Fukutoshin line (Tokyo Metro Subway). At Nishi Waseda station, take exit 3. Follow the signs towards Shinjuku Cosmic Sports Center. You will go up one escalator, then turn right and take another escalator up to the street (do not go straight up the second escalator in front of you or you will come out inside the University campus). Once you get to the main street, turn right. You will pass Nishi Waseda University and Shinjuku Cosmic Sports Center. When you reach an intersection where a Sunkus convenience store is located, please cross the street toward Sunkus. Our office is located on the 10th floor of the building that is connected directly to the right of the Sunkus If you reach the Lawson 100 convenience store, you have gone too far. At the glass door please press '1001' and someone will buzz you up. When you exit the elevator on the 10th floor, the front door to the office is directly opposite on the left. Please ring the doorbell on arrival. It takes about 5 minutes after exiting the station to walk here. I have attached a map to this e-mail for you to refer to as well.

Please dont say anything to immigration about working. They will also probably ask no questions, but if they do just tell them you have been doing tourist things until now and will start your job after your visa is issued.

If you have any questions about this process, please ask the staff at the Tokyo office on Monday morning.

Have a good weekend, I look forward to hearing how things go on Monday!
    Sincerely,
    J*******

J******* K***
    Last edited by word; September 30th, 2012 at 18:05. Reason: Removed identifying information.

Default Re: RCS

Why haven't you flyjined yet? That sounds shady as fvck

RCS is a shady company? *gasp*

Maybe next time don't accept a teaching gig that pays the same as McDonalds.
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.

I've never heard of RCS , That email they sent you looks so unprofessional. What visa did you use to get to Japan? Surely you couldn't have just gone on a tourist visa if you were job seeking?

Man F this company forever.

They used to straight up send letters to my Shikoku inaka schools addressed to the "ALT" trying to headhunt me to come "leave the inaka and work in Tokyo".
    You see, gentlemen, a pimp's love is very different from a square's...
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)

Banned

Here's the email RCS sent me after I got a proper working visa. That is after working illegally in a Japanese school. RCS committing fraud:

www.rcs-ed.jp

Dear James,
    Good morning!
    I hope that you are doing well.
    I wanted to let you know that I had to re-write your contract with the start date matching your visa start date. You will still be paid for the number of days that you work but I need you to sign this and return it as it needs to match your working visa. The contract went out today and so if you can sign it and return it again as soon as possible that would be great!
    If you have any questions or concerns at all, please let me know.
    I look forward to hearing from you soon!
    Kindest wishes,
    D****

J******* K***
    Last edited by word; September 30th, 2012 at 18:07. Reason: Removed identifying information.

Get new job as soon as possible then forward all these emails to your boe, school and immigration
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Anyone want to drop some emails to a Japanese newspaper?
    I thought it was time to use a sig

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE mteacher80's Avatar

I already emailed her......no reply yet......
    Last edited by Beer Baron; November 6th, 2012 at 06:58.
    ☆★REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★☆

Quote Originally Posted by justice View Post
    Kindest wishes,
    D****

J******* K***
    RCS Corporation HR

Someone is afoot.
    Last edited by word; September 30th, 2012 at 18:07. Reason: Removed identifying information.
    I thought it was time to use a sig

Quote Originally Posted by MJN View Post
    Anyone want to drop some emails to a Japanese newspaper?
    Quick! Someone get JapanToday on the horn!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Only a fool would do a teachers workload for an assistants salary.

Someone tell Debito. I'm sure there's someone he can sue about this.

these guys are awesome! part of the salary each month is held back as a 'bonus', and they take every opportunity they can to deny the bonus, for example turning up a couple of minutes late for the morning meeting or not turning up to a class even though it wasn't on the schedule
    look all i'm saying is if you go here and you die, it's not my fault

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sakurahoshi View Post
    I've never heard of RCS , That email they sent you looks so unprofessional. What visa did you use to get to Japan? Surely you couldn't have just gone on a tourist visa if you were job seeking?
    Never heard of RCS?

I will help you out :

To read about how dispatch companies operate:

http://fukuoka.generalunion.org/alt/index.html#ggg

A 2005 complaint about RCS from an exploited former employee:

Job Discussion Forums :: View topic - RCS corporation

(Note the eslcafe post is dated 2005, it's now 2012 and RCS is still playing the same dirty tricks) here is a short excerpt:
    Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:13 am Post subject: RCS corporation A much thought about warning to people who might be thinking of coming to Japan. The RCS corporation of Saitama is to be avoided at all costs.

anyone have any experience with ALT company RCS corporation?

The Dirty Undertaking of Dispatch Companies | Let's Japan.org

RCS

ALT

Quote Originally Posted by Sakurahoshi View Post
    Surely you couldn't have just gone on a tourist visa if you were job seeking?

I am not an immigration official. I am sure you can check with them or google that.

That email they sent you looks so unprofessional.

Unprofessional? Hmm, could you clarify what you mean by unprofessional? I don't want to put words into your mouth.

Anyhow, RCS is unprofessional and not to be taken seriously. Unprofesional to not consider the consequences of exploiting people. Unprofessional to write such an email in the first place and think that an employee would feel so intimidated by them that they would not dare to post it on the internet.

Why do I post it? Out of concern for others who are considering going to work for them and doing their due diligence by checking the background of RCS on the internet. It's about empathy for others considering working for RCS, and resentment at how RCS exploited me.

Note when they asked me to arrive: "We hope that you will be able to be in Japan by at least March 16th" in order be there for the interviews with : "take advantage of our temporary housing located in Yorii, Saitama after you arrive." The cost of which is 1000 yen per day, plus food which also comes to at least 1000 yen a day. The temporary housing is actually a room overcrowded with beds, which you share with all the other hopeful ALTs waiting to pass their interview with the board of education, and I knew a few who didn't pass, yet more rent for them to pay and the school year was about to begin, one bathroom to share amongst a dozen others too. You have no wardrobe either, so bring a padlock to safeguard your valuables if you plan on going there.

Subject: Re: RCS Corporation Recruit - how we would like to proceed

Dear James,

Good morning!

I am responding on behalf of J******* as she is currently out of the office.

We are very pleased and look forward to receiving your documents soon.

We will let you know as soon as they have arrived. In the meantime, once you have secured a flight itinerary please send it through to us so that we can prepare for your arrival. We hope that you will be able to be in Japan by at least March 16th.

If you need anything in the meantime, please let me know.

We look forward to working with you soon!

Kindest wishes,

D**** M******* HR
    RCS Corporation

Dear James,

Good afternoon!

I hope that you are doing well.

I wanted to let you know that we are very excited to work with you from the new school year starting from April 2012.

I was wondering if you were able to secure your flight ticket. If so, would you be able to send through the intinerary so that we can prepare for your arrival? Also, please let me know if you would like to take advantage of our temporary housing located in Yorii, Saitama after you arrive.

If you have any questions or need anything in the meantime, please let me know.

We greatly look forward to meeting with you and working with you soon!

Kindest wishes,

D****

Dear James,
    Thank you for calling this morning, I am sorry it took me a while to wake up and understand what was going on.

Your pay for April will be deposited today. Since your housing fees and rent for June were deducted, it came to 8591 for the total deposit.

Since you said this was urgent though, I want you to know that you can request a loan to be deposited on Monday if necessary. Unfortunately your May salary will not be deposited until the last banking day of June (that`s the 29 this month) and we cannot deposit any earlier.

If you want to take a loan out though, you can fill out and fax the attached form to me before 3pm today. You can request a loan of up to 15,000yen. If you need more than that, please note that we only give out more than 15,000yen if you fax a note explaining why you need more (including words like “transportation fees so I can get to work” usually helps!). I have seem loans of 30,000yen be approved on some very rare occasions, so that`s a number you might want to ask for if you are really in a tight spot.

I hope this helps. Please call me at the office if you have any questions!

-J*******

J******* K***

RCS Corporation HR

Yorii Branch Office

Friday, 22 June 2012, 8:32

RCS asked me to arrive "by at least March 16th" which I did.

My first salary payment of 8591 Japanese yen (110 US dollars), was deposited into my Japan Post Bank on :Friday, 22 June 2012, the date of the email.

All that time I was surviving on my dwindling savings:

"Your pay for April will be deposited today. Since your housing fees and rent for June were deducted, it came to 8591 "

Friday, 22 June 2012, 8:32

Salary was overdue and only after dozens of calls did they pay. Their excuse? We have lots of employees.

So I couldn't agree more with you that RCS is unprofessional. As I have shown they are also unscrupulous, deceitful and exploitative. They will never be forgiven or forgotten for what they did to me.
    Last edited by word; September 30th, 2012 at 18:11. Reason: Removed identifying information.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Get new job as soon as possible then forward all these emails to your boe, school and immigration

Thank you for your concern.

I have sent a letter to the Ministry of Education in Japan, with all these emails printed out.

I called Japanese immigration after leaving the country, they said that yes RCS acted illegally but that to take action I needed to send a letter to them which I will be doing tomorrow.

I think NHK might be interested as well.

NHK did a special a couple of years back about some dispatch company not properly paying ALTs and not signing them up for insurance like they're supposed to.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    RCS is a shady company? *gasp*

Maybe next time don't accept a teaching gig that pays the same as McDonalds.
    RCS paid me 8591 yen during my time in Japan working for them which came to almost 3 months, at which point I realised they had been cheating me and I had doubts as to whether they were going to pay the overdue salary they owed me for the previous months of work. 8591 yen comes to about 100 yen a day, which is a lot less than McDonalds pays. Bear in mind that the summer vacation was approaching and that RCS does not pay its employees anything during those months. I had read that the BoE pays them but that they keep that money. They decide that your money is our money. And manage to get away with it legally, as far as I know.

I had checked the background of RCS prior to coming to Japan, but I had remained slightly skeptical of the union cases against RCS and all the former employees who were outraged at RCS who had posted comments online. I even believed the testimonials on the RCS website of how great it was to work for them.

"Your pay for April will be deposited today. Since your housing fees and rent for June were deducted, it came to 8591 for the total deposit."

Sent: Tuesday, 3 July 2012, 14:35
    Subject: RE: apartment

Dear James,

Good afternoon!

Thank you for responding to us regarding your wellbeing. I am grateful that you are at least getting treatment in Singapore.

As far as your salary, since you did vacate your position and apartment suddenly without any contact (無断欠勤) and since your apartment cancellation is now going through the process of being evaluated by Leo Palace, we do actually have every legal right to hold your salary while these outstanding payments are being calculated. Please understand the conclusion Leo Palace comes to may cause extra fees to be added to the bill for your cancellation. You will receive a breakdown of these fees as well as a summary of any outstanding monies you owe (if this is the case) when the final calculations are determined.

If you would like to visit our Yorii office to discuss this further upon your return to Japan, please let me know when you are looking to arrive and we will set up a meeting with you for that time.

Kindest wishes,

D****

Thanks for your "genuine" concern about my health.

However i wish you showed more concern for your employees in terms of paying me and the other employees their salaries on time. I was ill and it is not illegal to be ill is it ? Or is it illegal in japan to be ill ?

During my almost 3 months in japan working for your company I have earned about 9000 yen which is equal to about 100 yen per day - how do you epxect anybody to survive on that ? Just read the blog and the cases of the trade union on the internet agaisnt your company and no further comments will be necessary it speaks volumes - your company seems to be exploitative abusive of your employees - bordering on Human trafficking. Action will be taken against you with the authorities including your failure to obtain a legal visa prior to my employment . I want by return a complete breakdown of my employment with you including all illegal deductions you have made and how you expect someone to live on 100 yen per day and also pay transportation charges. You have basically defrauded me by all the lies you told me prior to employment . Its completely exploitative and you can expect further action from my legal advisers in Japan. Ministries will be informed including relevant embassies and immigration dept .

So I need you to pay me all monies overdue by immediate return .Pls confirm forthwith

rgds James

Last edited by word; September 30th, 2012 at 18:12. Reason: Removed identifying information.

I'm confused.

1. How many days did you actually work for RCS?
    2. How much was your rent?
    3. How much were your housing fees?
    4. In what way were your rent and housing deductions illegal?
    5. How much salary were you promised in your contract before you came to Japan?
    6. Why can't you write English correctly?
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UPGRAYEDD View Post
    I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by UPGRAYEDD View Post
    I'm confused.

From 9th of April 2012 to June 28th 2012.

Dear James,

Good morning!

Here is your salary breakdown for May’s salary which was deposited today:

Basic Salary 100,000 yen

Location Allowance 100,000 yen

100% Attendance Bonus 10,000 yen

Total 210,000 yen

Deductions

Income Tax -5,020 yen

July’s Rent -55,520 yen

Move-in Costs (payment 2 of 2) -82,970yen

Koyo Hoken (unemployment insurance) -1,050 yen

Total -144,560 yen

Total Salary Paid 65,440yen

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kindest wishes,

D****

Move-in Costs (payment 2 of 2) -82,970yen
    Multiply that by two so 165940 yen. Is that normal? No I have already checked with other estate agents in Japan whilst I was there and protested to RCS.

I am not a lawyer. Neither are you.

They over charged me on the move in costs - 165,940 yen split over two months ie deducted from salary over two months, what I call illegal deductions. I could take them to them to the small claims courts to get these crooks for it.

Check the ads they post online for ALT positions.
    What they actually pay after all the "deductions" is far less.

What they do not tell you is that the :

Basic Salary 100,000 yen

Location Allowance 100,000 yen

is pro-rated so as I started on 9th of April 2012 (the start of the school term) I did not get the full basic salary or location allowance for the month of April. And after the move in fee of 165,940 yen was deducted I only received 8591 yen and when did I receive it? In the last few days of June due to being unable to open bank account, for reasons already mentioned.(Not having a proper visa).

The contract was not signed or shown to me, before the BoE accepted me for a job, I then signed it in RCS office in Yorii.

I hope it makes you feel better as a HUMAN being to ask me that,.

Although it's not really helpful unless you point out what u mean.

I mean it's really pathetic that I even answer you on that. The reason is coz of the anger I feel while writing about RCS it interferes with my ability to think straight.
    Last edited by word; September 30th, 2012 at 18:14. Reason: Removed identifying information.

Except for the visa thing. You sound like a dick employee.

You got paid a fair wage and there is absolutely nothing abnormal about your move in costs. Why are you surprised about that? Everyone in Japan knows that moving into an apartment can cost up to 4 months worth of rent.

So why are you whining about getting paid 8500 yen? You were clearly paid 170,000 something yen and it all went into your apartment and you would have been paid another 190,000 or so if you bothered to stay another week.

Let it be a lesson to future people reading this thread - do your research about move in costs in Japan and come over with a proper amount of cash saved up.
    Last edited by UPGRAYEDD; September 14th, 2012 at 17:01.
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)