Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RCS

Default Re: RCS

Anyway post their response to your bad grammar angry rant.
    You see, gentlemen, a pimp's love is very different from a square's...
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UPGRAYEDD View Post
    Except for the visa thing. You sound like a dick employee.

You got paid a fair wage and there is absolutely nothing abnormal about your move in costs. Why are you surprised about that? Everyone in Japan knows that moving into an apartment can cost up to 4 months worth of rent.

So why are you whining about getting paid 8500 yen? You were clearly paid 170,000 something yen and it all went into your apartment and you would have been paid another 190,000 or so if you bothered to stay another week.

Let it be a lesson to future people reading this thread - do your research about move in costs in Japan and come over with a proper amount of cash saved up.

You sound like a dick employee.

If you say so.

You were clearly paid 170,000 something yen and it all went into your apartment and you would have been paid another 190,000 or so if you bothered to stay another week.

Where did you get those figures from, Wikipedia? Clearly.

Work for April which should have been paid at the end of May (they pay a month late) was 8591 yen.

Wor
    k for May , which should have been paid at the end of June was 65,440yen.

Wor
    k for June which would have been paid at the end of July would have een :148,000 yen.

Wor
    k for July (had I stayed until July, I left just before the end of June) would have been 80,000 yen. Which is paid at the end of August.

"
    Everyone in Japan knows that moving into an apartment can cost up to 4 months worth of rent. "

I totally disagree.

That is not the case in Shiraoka where I was.
    I will back up my claim when I find the document I got breaking down the move in costs at another estate agent in Shiraoka.

In the meantime you would do well to read this:

Good news for renters in Japan: Security deposits, key money on the demise ‹ Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion

Banned

Anyway post their response to your bad grammar angry rant.

Post your reply to this article:

Good news for renters in Japan: Security deposits, key money on the demise ‹ Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion

The various fees usually paid by a tenant such as security deposits (“shikikin”) and key money (“reikin”) are decreasing. Japan’s declining birth rates, decreasing population, oversupply of housing and the growing awareness of consumer rights have put an end to the era where landlords once held all of the power.
    30% of apartments do not require key money, 50% only require 1 month deposit
    According to real estate information service and property listing database, AtHome, 28% of apartments listed for rent in Tokyo’s 23 Wards in 2010 did not require any key money. This is 17.8% higher than in 2007.
    Apartments that only required 1 month deposit totaled 51.2% in 2010 – up from 29.2% in 2007. Meanwhile, apartments that required 2 month’s deposit fell from 63.2% in 2007 to 40%. Apartments that did not require any deposit increased from 3.1% to 5.1%.

Banned

[QUOTE=UPGRAYEDD;790648]Except for the visa thing. You sound like a dick employee.

"You got paid a fair wage "

8500+65400+148000+80000=301900 JPY

You call that a fair wage. Fine, I will not say that my opinion is any wiser than yours. Have you tried living in Japan on that, with all the expenses that go with it, commuting is not covered , RCS is too cheap, nor is the health certificate they required (21,000 JPY) as well as a multitude of other expenses.

I had to get up at 5AM when I was going to a remote school catch the TRAIN, catch the earliest BUS , walk another 30 minutes to the school. Luckily, it was Spring, since in the winter you have a long cold wait for the return trip at the bus stop which you walk another 30 mins to from that school.

Upgrayedd, why you being such a jackass. Li'l Justice is obviously a dipshit for accepting a job at RCS in the first place, but RCS is a horrible shitty company that pays shit and employs people unqualified to teach. Quit defending them and admit that they are an atrocious immoral company that only a complete dickhead would ever agree to work for.
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.

Dude, Justice - according to these really confusing emails - you got paid the following

1. 174,531 yen for April
    2. 210,000 for May
    3. June appears to be withheld because you fled the country a month before you were scheduled to be paid and you didn't bother to close out your apartment contract so you're never going to see most of that.

Let's do math. You got paid 384,531 yen for two months of work. Did you think no one was going to notice your lies about getting paid just 8000 yen?

You're also totally confused about moving in costs in Japan. You moved into one of the 70% of apartments that required key money and one of the 95% that requires a deposit....big surprise!
    Last edited by UPGRAYEDD; September 15th, 2012 at 00:30.
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)

Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    Upgrayedd, why you being such a jackass. Li'l Justice is obviously a dipshit for accepting a job at RCS in the first place, but RCS is a horrible shitty company that pays shit and employs people unqualified to teach. Quit defending them and admit that they are an atrocious immoral company that only a complete dickhead would ever agree to work for.

Haha - exactly.

I just feel bad now because as much as I hate the company - this guy is on here spreading all kinds of confused bullshit about a company that did absolutely nothing wrong (I'm not even sure about that VISA trick anymore). Posting emails and names of HR people and all.

A mod should seriously delete this whole thread.
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)

But that would delete MY POOOOOOOOOOOOOOSTS!!!!
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.

Banned

Dude, Justice - according to these really confusing emails - you got paid the following

1. 174,531 yen for April
    2. 210,000 for May
    3. June appears to be withheld because you fled the country a month before you were scheduled to be paid and you didn't bother to close out your apartment contract so you're never going to see most of that.

Let's do math. You got paid 384,531 yen for two months of work. Did you think no one was going to notice your lies about getting paid just 8000 yen?

"Confusing" to you. Coz your a little short of intelligence.

Since you are "clearly" ADHD, I will REPEAT myself:

8500+65400+148000+80000=301900 JPY

8500= What u receive as salary after deductions.Start of term one: 9 (pro-rated)April+

65400= What u receive as salary after deductions.May+
    148000=What u receive as salary after deductions.June+
    80000= What u receive as salary after deductions. Until Friday July 20th . The end of term one.(pro-rated)

Total =301900 JPY

That is what everyone who completes the contract with RCS get paid.
    And yet you still claim that's a fair wage.

IF any of this were lies I could be sued for libel and defamation that is the right of RCS but as I am telling the truth they can't do it.

Do NOT make an offensive allegation.

You're also totally confused about moving in costs in Japan. You moved into one of the 70% of apartments that required key money and one of the 95% that requires a deposit....big surprise!
    If you say so .

" Everyone in Japan knows that moving into an apartment can cost up to 4 months worth of rent. "

It is NEVER , "EVERYONE" poor word choice. Shows your level of thought. I am so anal. Can you point out my poor grammar you have managed to hedge my request to do so. SO anal!

Banned

Haha - exactly.

I just feel bad now because as much as I hate the company - this guy is on here spreading all kinds of confused bullshit about a company that did absolutely nothing wrong (I'm not even sure about that VISA trick anymore). Posting emails and names of HR people and all.

A mod should seriously delete this whole thread.
    Why should an mod delete this thread?

Banned

[QUOTE=UPGRAYEDD;790685]Haha - exactly.

"VISA trick " : heartless comment. I can only wish that it is u who has gone thru the ordeal perhaps you would have some sympathy then.

Read:

A 2005 complaint about RCS from an exploited former employee:

Job Discussion Forums :: View topic - RCS corporation

-Arrive expecting visa to find it hasnt even been applied for.

Enough information to conclude that something was not quite right in 2005 either:

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:13 am Post subject: RCS corporation A much thought about warning to people who might be thinking of coming to Japan. The RCS corporation of Saitama is to be avoided at all costs.

It's the usual story from the shady side of ELT from what I hear about other bad firms.

-Overcharging for rental cars, accomodation etc
    -They charge customers travel expenses but don't pay them to teachers.
    -Whatever else you hear they have no thought for the teachers who work for them, I was fined heavily for becoming ill and missing 5 days in a month despite doctors confirmation I was unfit for work. (part of the cause was recieving less than my 60k rent for 2 months running as "salary")
    -After challenging them over deductions from my salary I was fired a month later over made up offences and even with school records on my side and lack of evidence on their part I was fined half a months salary and told not to speak with the school again.

They were caught out defrauding their clients in my area and I believe they have lost many schools as a result of this and ALTs leaving after only a few months, they are currently trying to gain new schools -so if you see that orange envelope on your school's desk be sure to pass this warning along.
    Myself I have to go back home after not being able to buy proper food during my illness and making it much worse -its been a hella short stay but I won't be put off by them.

Ugh, I feel bad about getting anywhere near this thread, but this one I have to take exception to.

Quote Originally Posted by justice View Post
    A visa isn't just permission to be in a country, it's permission to enter a country. If a company told me to enter Japan on a tourist visa and they'd "give" me a working visa when I arrived, I'd have been asking a bunch of questions already, and probably would have told the company to get stuffed.
    ...because Japan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    Ugh, I feel bad about getting anywhere near this thread, but this one I have to take exception to.

A visa isn't just permission to be in a country, it's permission to enter a country. If a company told me to enter Japan on a tourist visa and they'd "give" me a working visa when I arrived, I'd have been asking a bunch of questions already, and probably would have told the company to get stuffed.
    Sent: Tuesday, 28 February 2012, 8:22
    Subject: Re: Reference Letter and the Immigration Bureau of Japan

Dear James,

Good morning!

I hope that you are doing well.

I know that your arrival date is drawing near. I did receive a few CoEs yesterday but your was not among them. I do expect it to arrive soon. However, if it does not arrive before you depart for Japan you will need to arrive on a tourist visa. In order to do this you need to let immigration know that your main purpose for visiting Japan is to sighsee. You can not let them know that you have found work and that you are expecting your CoE.

You will also need to show that you have the intent of departing Japan within 90 days which is the allotment for the tourist visa. If you have purchased a one way ticket this may be a slight inconvenience but you do not need to worry. Most ALTs who only have a one-way ticket in this situation will purchase a refundable one-way ticket to Korea to show that they have the intention to leave Japan within the 90 days of their arrival as per the tourist visa restrictions. Some also will book a ferry trip to Korea on the JR Beetle. If you book a reservation on this ferry you do not have to actually purchase the ticket. The reservation will expire at the time of the trip if you have not actually purchased the ticket. This also shows that you intend to depart Japan within the 90 day period. You will need to show in some way that you have the intention to depart Japan if you are going to obtain a 90 day tourist visa.

If you have any questions, regarding this please let me know.

I look forward to meeting you and working with you soon!

Kindest wishes,

D****
    Last edited by word; September 30th, 2012 at 18:16. Reason: Removed identifying information.

looooool that's shady as fuck. Why in the world didn't you just tell them to get bent?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by coop52 View Post
    looooool that's hady as fuck. Why in the world didn't you just tell them to get bent?

Good question.

And yes they are shady as f..k!

What a tangled web we weave, when first
    we practice to deceive!
    Sir Walter Scott

Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is
    telling the truth to other people.
    Spencer Johnson

I feel dirty and stupider for having read all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    I dunno, I know a few people who've moved somewhere on a tourist visa, then found employment with someone who sponsors a proper work visa. (of course, then they have to go do a weekend to Korea or something)... but yeah.. a verbal promise of a proper work visa if you just pop over on a tourist visa... there'd have to be a lot more assurances before taking that particular plunge.
    For relaxing times when ITIL explodes, make it Japanistan time. (Actually, don't, it's broken forever)

Quote Originally Posted by lego
    My hobby is play sex play masturbation hand shikoshikoshiko.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    Dear OP. Survival of the non retarded.

Hahaha, yeah dude you'd clean them up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by coop52 View Post
    looooool that's shady as fuck. Why in the world didn't you just tell them to get bent?

I would also add that to protest the fact that RCS pays wages a month late I approached the school counselor about not being paid wages for May , and only receiving 8500 JPY (after deductions) in salary for April. She told me to call the BoE. I did and the BoE said "we can't help you with money problems call your employer" . 10 minutes later I got a call from RCS (I did not answer, and so the message from Diana of RCS was recorded on my voicemail) saying the BoE does not want you to come into school tomorrow, I will be coming to meet you. As for the meeting that was to take place I left Japan the following morning.