Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RCS

Almost everyone pays a month late.

Apart from the world's shadiest visa dealings, the company hasn't really done anything wrong as far as I see. They're a shit company, and I wouldn't work for them even if I were desperate, but other than pulling them up on the visa stuff, stop complaining about what your own ignorance has wrought.
    Last edited by Yarantoikenbai; September 17th, 2012 at 11:10. Reason: TL;DR

Quote Originally Posted by justice View Post
    I would also add that to protest the fact that RCS pays wages a month late I approached the school counselor about not being paid wages for May , and only receiving 8500 JPY (after deductions) in salary for April. She told me to call the BoE. I did and the BoE said "we can't help you with money problems call your employer" . 10 minutes later I got a call from RCS (I did not answer, and so the message from Diana of RCS was recorded on my voicemail) saying the BoE does not want you to come into school tomorrow, I will be coming to meet you. As for the meeting that was to take place I left Japan the following morning.
    They had already told you on June 22nd that you would be paid for May on June 29th.
    You see, gentlemen, a pimp's love is very different from a square's...
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yarantoikenbai View Post

Apart from the world's shadiest visa dealings, the company hasn't really done anything wrong as far as I see. They're a shit company, and I wouldn't work for them even if I were desperate, but other than pulling them up on the visa stuff, stop complaining about what your own ignorance has wrought.
    I work for Interac, and I won't see a *full* paycheque until November 30. I get paid in September for my week of training (about 30k perhaps.)
    I get paid in October for September work, but have to pay my start-up rent costs, car hire fees, etc. My fees for my apartment are about 170,000. I live in a Leo Palace, one of the few that doesn't require key money. It does require a security deposit, and I have to pay for Sept/Oct from that paycheque. I have to pay for my car lease for Sept/Oct. I expect I'll be seeing something around 50k first pay, when my advertised wage is 250,000. Other people pay more for their flats and will receive less. Note that I've been in Japan since 18 August, so I'm going nearly 3 months without income. I also have to pay for my travel expenses to and from school out of pocket until they reimburse me come payday. Interac also pro-rates your pay for December/August and March/April when you recontract.
    This is how a lot of Japanese business works. For the pay thing, you sound uninformed and (as previously stated) a bit of a dick employee. It is a fair wage, at least they're spreading your start-up costs evenly over your pay. Japan is super expensive; Interac and JET both advise bringing at *least* 250,000 yen to hold you over until everything's sorted. You have obligations to the company such as rent and start up costs (that the company has probably paid for you, you're just paying them back) and then you skip town. Hm.

My own ignorance? I don't think so.

I thought I could trust them.

There is simply no way you can make money working for RCS.
    You lose money working for them. That is how I see it.

You say "I'm going nearly 3 months without income" well good luck to you.

You say "Almost everyone pays a month late". I ask is that lawful?
    Check the Japan Labour Standards Bureau website and find about the law. Check what the Labour Standards Bureau says about withheld wages.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UPGRAYEDD View Post
    They had already told you on June 22nd that you would be paid for May on June 29th.

Correct that is what's written in their email which I posted up.

Problem is I no longer trusted them to pay. Okay.

I have to ignore ur msges. don't waste ur time. Wont reply to them.

Default Re: RCS

You would have made money if you didn't quit and flee the country.

(郷に入っては郷に従え.)

And 200,000 yen per month to teach English is really good pay for someone who can barely speak the language.
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)

"200,000 yen per month to teach English is really good pay for someone who can barely speak the language."

OP I heard you ignored Upgrayedd but I thought you should read this anyway because loool

Would you like to be paid in advance for work you haven't done? They get your info and worked hours at the end of the month, check things over, process payments and then it gets paid to you the following month. How is this illegal?

Agreed, you'd have made money if you stayed and @ what Jiggit reposted for you.

My own ignorance? I don't think so.

I thought I could trust them.
    lololololololololol you dum

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

You know who you can trust about money? Your wallet. Everyone else is out to screw you.

Getting paid for your previous months work on a paycheck seems pretty normal to me. Work in May, paid in June.

I've got to ask, why are you still in Japan if you've been pretty thoroughly screwed? I mean most people would've cleared out. The money really isn't that great, and as I'm sure you've noticed there isn't any respect.... I mean, are you some type of mentally deficient weeabo who hhas to live here, because other wise I would've taken off much earlier....

That being said, you did come over w/ a private company that was basically screwing you from the beginning.... we really can't expect all that much from you. (And as a side note, I fear for any children you will end up teaching. Make sure to wipe the drool off before you start teaching.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Man F this company forever.

They used to straight up send letters to my Shikoku inaka schools addressed to the "ALT" trying to headhunt me to come "leave the inaka and work in Tokyo".
    haha wow, that's amazing.
    Do they actually say it so bluntly?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    haha wow, that's amazing.
    Do they actually say it so bluntly?
    Yep. It was pretty much --- "we are looking for experienced ALTs to come live and work in downtown Tokyo, the dynamic capital of Japan!" ---

I've always wondered if anyone actually quit JET and all the goodies that came along with that to go earn slightly over minimum wage in Tokyo.
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)

Yep. It was pretty much --- "we are looking for experienced ALTs to come live and work in downtown Tokyo, the dynamic capital of Japan!" ---

I've always wondered if anyone actually quit JET and all the goodies that came along with that to go earn slightly over minimum wage in Tokyo.
    Someone definitely will have I bet.

I'm considering sort of doing it next year- not recontracting and moving into a private position in a big city. Could be worth the financial blow to escape the inaka and return to the real world for a few months.
    Just a consideration of course should nothing else be on the post-jet horizon. And not with this company.....
    Last edited by Tyr; September 20th, 2012 at 09:31.

Haha - exactly.

I just feel bad now because as much as I hate the company - this guy is on here spreading all kinds of confused bullshit about a company that did absolutely nothing wrong (I'm not even sure about that VISA trick anymore). Posting emails and names of HR people and all.

A mod should seriously delete this whole thread.
    I agree entirely with this. Not sure about the visa, and everything else they've posted outright points to the fact that the OP doesn't know what they're talking about. The emails should be edited some, at least to the point where the poor HR people aren't listed anymore. You know they're just following some SOP passed down through the ages at RCS.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clickonthewhatnow View Post
    I agree entirely with this. Not sure about the visa, and everything else they've posted outright points to the fact that the OP doesn't know what they're talking about. The emails should be edited some, at least to the point where the poor HR people aren't listed anymore. You know they're just following some SOP passed down through the ages at RCS.
    character assassination

character assassination
    Not sure whose character you're talking about. But yes, by adding the correspondent's email in your pastes of email, you are attacking their character. By admitting to it, you're attacking your own. Please go back and remove their name from the emails so they can't be found as part of a sketchy HR decision made by a company they work for and possibly hurt future employment opportunities.

To be clear, I don't care what you say about the company. It's individuals who are likely following the bid of the upper ups that shouldn't have their name dragged through the mud.

Banned

"following orders"—the same Nuremberg Defense used by some of the Nazi war criminals... Responsibility for action!

You just compared RCS employees to Nazis. First, WTF really? Second, Godwin'd. Lock the thread, mods.
    ...because Japan.

Yeah, this has gone far beyond stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.