Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 2013 SOP support

Default Re: 2013 SOP support

As long as it's an abbreviation that the reader would obviously know, such as UN for United Nations (or ALT in this case), then it's ok.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Coop, even when the reader knows the abbreviation, it's always good form to list it out and then put it in brackets afterwords. It shows an attention to detail and clarity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Quote Originally Posted by Teishou View Post
    ...Instead of you know, using a comma like normal people when describing something, she stuck an "and" in there and made it somewhat strange.
    ...no. The people that would be most beneficial to looking over an SOP did not have a "long weekend", unless they had taken a vacation day or something.

On a related note, I didn't realize how close the American cutoff date is. Anyone who wanted me to go over an SOP, just shoot me a PM with the request again. I don't have classes the rest of today or tomorrow, so I can do a quick turnaround.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the E in JET stands for Exchange.

For those of you still writing SOPs, please make sure you didn't write "Japan and English Teaching Program."

Once again, I am finishing up my SOP and I would greatly appreciate it someone read it over. Thanks!

Hello! I am pretty new to this forum and looking for some SOP assistance. I would just PM someone, but I figured I had to put myself out there at least a little to have someone consider it. I have already had a friend well versed in English and teaching abroad look it over, but I would feel more confident if someone that is(was) a JET could give me some pointers as well.

This must be the most annoying time of year for the seasoned posters. It's like no one can read a FAQ.

I think I'm starting to feel the pressure finally. If the app has to be in by the 21st I'll want to mail it by Friday at the latest. Thinking it might be time to start writing this damn thing...

I'm just about done with my SoP and was wondering if one of you would mind reading it. I would really appreciate feedback. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke View Post

I think I'm starting to feel the pressure finally. If the app has to be in by the 21st I'll want to mail it by Friday at the latest. Thinking it might be time to start writing this damn thing...

Hahaha good luck! I started mine in early October and I have just gotten to the point where I was satisfied with it! I have edited, revised, rewritten, edited again, and completely started over at least 10 times!

Could someone check my personal statement? I am aware that I only have one post and just registered. I am aware that this is not often done for folks such as myself. However, I assure you I am awesome and deserve it, yes, for no other reason than I said so.

I can also beg or offer sexual favors if necessary. I am on the East Coast. Send a PM and we can meet up, if necessary.

EDIT: nvm someone offered to proofread it. Thanks for anyone who even considered and wanted to help.
    Last edited by armouredghost; November 19th, 2012 at 09:08.

Hey, anyone on here able to proof-read my SoP I've had a few people look at it... but it'd be cool to have a current/former JET have a look, too!

I am for the UK programme, but I'm not particular who looks.
    Last edited by TheFantasticAsh; November 28th, 2012 at 04:51.