Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RCS

Banned

Default RCS

Employment Issues: U.S. citizens should not come to Japan to work without having the proper employment visa arranged ahead of time, or in the hopes of earning a large salary. Teaching English, even privately, and serving as hosts/hostesses are both considered "work" in Japan and are illegal without the proper visa.

Some U.S.-based employment agencies and Japanese employers do not fully discuss or correctly represent the true nature of employment terms and conditions. U.S. consular officers in Japan receive numerous complaints from U.S. citizens who come to Japan to work as English teachers, carpenters, models, actors, entertainers, exotic dancers, and bar hosts/hostesses. The complaints include contract violations, non-payment of salary for months at a time, sexual harassment, intimidation, and threats of arrest, deportation, and physical assault.

A minimum requirement for effectively seeking the protection of Japanese labor law is a written and signed work contract. Without a signed contract, Japanese authorities do not get involved on behalf of foreign workers. If you’re coming to Japan to work, carefully review your contracts and the history and reputation of your Japanese employer before traveling to Japan. We cannot confirm information about prospective Japanese employers although we may be familiar with organizations or have received complaints in the past. If you are asked to do something you find troubling, you should reconsider being in Japan and think about terminating your employment and returning to the United States. Complaints against U.S.-based employment agencies or recruiters may be directed to the Better Business Bureau or the Office of the Attorney General in that particular state.

Banned

U.S. consular officers in Japan receive numerous complaints from U.S. citizens who come to Japan to work as English teachers, carpenters, models, actors, entertainers, exotic dancers, and bar hosts/hostesses. The complaints include contract violations, non-payment of salary for months at a time:

collection agency japan - Google Search

Collection Agencies

Default Re: RCS

Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Somewhere... maybe... I think I'm lost... anyone got a map?

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    Before the thread is locked I just wanted to say epic summary of what I thought right there ^^.
    "I wonder how much effort is requires for a person to become happy. I think misfortune is a spiral. Once it starts it's hard to escape. In order to escape it takes everything you have to reach the end. Once you've given everything you can finally grasp it. I think that's what happiness means." Rena Ryuuguu

Quote Originally Posted by justice View Post
    U.S. consular officers in Japan receive numerous complaints from U.S. citizens who come to Japan to work as English teachers, carpenters, models, actors, entertainers, exotic dancers, and bar hosts/hostesses. The complaints include contract violations, non-payment of salary for months at a time:

collection agency japan - Google Search

Collection Agencies
    Someone traveled internationally to be an exotic dancer and was treated poorly? Well colour me Naive Navy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    Someone traveled internationally to be an exotic dancer and was treated poorly? Well colour me Naive Navy.
    Er, not quite! I c a red herring.

I traveled internationally to be an English teacher and was treated poorly by:

RCS Corporation, Japan

www.rcs-ed.jp/en/
    RCS Corporation. ALT Positions Teaching English in Japan.

Er, not quite! I c a red herring.

I traveled internationally to be an English teacher and was treated poorly by:

RCS Corporation, Japan

www.rcs-ed.jp/en/
    RCS Corporation. ALT Positions Teaching English in Japan.
    I'm aware of those assertions. And you come here, whilst breathing exclusively from your mouth, to bring down the big bad corporation. What a wonderful little David you are.

You won't hurt them. You can't hurt them. You are a puny man child clenching your little fists because nobody paid you boatloads of cash to come here and embarrass your home nation by drunkenly scraping the bottom of the barrel at dance clubs. Suck it up, get a new job, and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

I'm amazed the banhammer hasn't fallen yet. Then again, it is a long weekend.
    ...because Japan.

Yeah, I'm allowing it 'cause things are slow around here at the moment, and I am kindof amused by justice's odd blabbering. I mean, his other posts were funny enough, but this one's just weird. I have no idea what he's trying to accomplish; that google link was completely nonsensical (I didn't see anything there about employees being treated badly or anything). So I'll let this play out for a bit and see what comes of it, in the hopes that it might amuse me further.
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Damnit be more liberal with that ban hammer.
    You see, gentlemen, a pimp's love is very different from a square's...
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    I'm amazed the banhammer hasn't fallen yet. Then again, it is a long weekend.

then again, some of us are stuck at work all day on the saturday of a long weekend and need to read about the hilarious antics of ex-RCS employees to keep us from lashing out at co-workers and/or students
    Last edited by Scrotty; October 6th, 2012 at 14:10.
    look all i'm saying is if you go here and you die, it's not my fault

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    I'm aware of those assertions. And you come here, whilst breathing exclusively from your mouth, to bring down the big bad corporation. What a wonderful little David you are.

You won't hurt them. You can't hurt them. You are a puny man child clenching your little fists because nobody paid you boatloads of cash to come here and embarrass your home nation by drunkenly scraping the bottom of the barrel at dance clubs. Suck it up, get a new job, and move on.
    Thank you.

Your a puny man child too.

Your a fuckin' idiot. "paid you boatloads of cash" wtf, I knew it was low paid paid. They DO NOT PAY what they CLAIM too!

RCS aint a straight bizness muthafucka. They r morally reprehensible!

American Pimp: 1 of 9 - YouTube

Brutal K.O's - YouTube

O hy gyz whuts happening in this th
    Only a fool would do a teachers workload for an assistants salary.

Your a fuckin' idiot.
    Lolz.
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN View Post
    Since when does awareness of surrounding make an ALT better? Chances are if they didn't have a clue and got lost in the forest and eaten by bears on the way to work, the school would be better off and the ALT would in turn be a better ALT.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hunterofpeace View Post
    Lolz.
    Excuse my casual writing style.

"You're a muthafucka".

I'm starting to wonder if justice is actually an RCS public-relations guy who is working to discredit people who badmouth RCS by portraying them as lunatics.

If so... good show, man; it's working.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if justice is actually an RCS public-relations guy who is working to discredit people who badmouth RCS by portraying them as lunatics.

If so... good show, man; it's working.
    That depends whether you believe the axiom :"Any publicity is good publicity."

I'm glad you gave me the benefit of the doubt.

"public-relations guy who is working to discredit people who badmouth RCS by portraying them as lunatics."

????

Gosh, given your rather limited grasp of the English language, perhaps it's better that you're no longer employed as an ALT.

Casual writing style my @$$. If you are calling someone an idiot, you should know better than to use incorrect grammar in the same bloody sentence.

Lol @ word. Also, why hasn't this person been permabanned? Isn't starting three threads and using RL info to publicly smear someone enough these days?
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN View Post
    Since when does awareness of surrounding make an ALT better? Chances are if they didn't have a clue and got lost in the forest and eaten by bears on the way to work, the school would be better off and the ALT would in turn be a better ALT.

At first, I felt like I should allow it 'cause the actions taken by RCS where the visa stuff was concerned were completely uncool, and I didn't really have a problem with such information being made public.

I can't be sure that the events were being accurately reported, though; justice might be a lying lunatic (it appears increasingly likely each time it posts). So I removed the names in the interests of covering the site's arse.

I'm continuing to allow this pretty much only for LOLs at this point. If justice pushes the rules again, I will permaban the ever-living snot out of it.