Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Interac Alternates 2013

haha not creepy at all, we can be in touch about placement later on definitely. and yeah hair has definitely been a concern for me because mine is processed so there will be lots of natural growth when i'm there lol
    Last edited by stephiiStephii; November 10th, 2012 at 11:23.
    The mouth speaks what the heart is full of

Default Re: Interac Alternates 2013

well at least going in March its going to start getting warm and it gives you tons of time to save up for winter clothes the next year!

As for the money... I am in the same boat... I already told them I have to take the loan... although i dont want too... I would hate to move to a new country and already start out on the wrong foot, lol.

my big concern is that I'm 6'3... I'm freakin huge (compared to the average japanese dude)! Where am I gonna find clothes that fit me, lol.
    Last edited by TAmember2003; November 10th, 2012 at 11:59.

haha I'm planning on doing some shopping right before going over, especially for work stuff. I've never been a "suits" girl but guess I'll have to get used to it

I told them I wanted the loan as well.. one more good thing about going in March instead of Jan, because I doubt I would have got it in Jan (because of the repayment scheme) so hopefully it will work out. Thankfully the interest rate is kind lol.

true that!
    I also plan on going shopping before I go...
    I want to by 1 more jacket and maybe another pair of pants...
    Cant wait to find out about the dress code.... I tried to ask my recruiter, but he said that it was different... I like wearing different color shirts and have TONS of them... sooo, I would like to know what colors I can play with, lol.

Last edited by akanemukade; September 27th, 2017 at 05:24.

thanks for the info stephii..... as it relates to hair, i'll have to learn how to do my own hair cause i have locs

thanks akane! Appreciate it lucky you, getting out of key money. That's awesome, hope I'm that fortunate. I'm definitely going to take part of the loan but thankfully the only financial commitment I have is my phone bill lol thanks for sharing!

Oshejay yikes, all the best with learning to lock your hair. I know ppl have done it tho so you'll be ok. I'm now learning to give myself a decent mani x_x lol

Quote Originally Posted by TAmember2003 View Post
    true that!
    I also plan on going shopping before I go...
    I want to by 1 more jacket and maybe another pair of pants...
    Cant wait to find out about the dress code.... I tried to ask my recruiter, but he said that it was different... I like wearing different color shirts and have TONS of them... sooo, I would like to know what colors I can play with, lol.
    I'm pretty sure there are no schools that dictate what colors you can wear. Just look professional and have a black/dark suit or two for ceremonies at work and you'll be fine. Once you get to your school you'll get a feel for what everyone's wearing (tracksuits, etc.) but you can't go wrong by bringing professional clothes.
    Last edited by Page; November 13th, 2012 at 17:02.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini
    If you are a empty husk of a man with no ambition come on jet, stay forever, drink yourself into a stupor every night, hurl abuse at people on itil like a roided up chimp at the feces olympics and die of thyroid cancer in your early 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by akanemukade View Post
    I just wanted to let you guys know that I only spent about $3500 while I was here before I got paid, plus another $1100 for airfare. And I'm in a major city, not an inaka in the middle of nowhere. I'm not saying only to bring that amount, that's just how much I wound up spending. Every situation is different and it's a good idea to be a little frugal if you can help it.

I didn't have to pay key money though, so beware. Everyone else at my orientation did and the difference in price was pretty steep. Their apartments are a little nicer than mine, but I think I just got lucky.

I would advise against the loan if you can avoid it. It's not that Interac is bad about it, the interest rate they give you is actually quite low, it's just that you don't want that hanging over your shoulders for the first six months. Or at least I didn't, because I have student loans to pay back home. So if you can, I think bringing around $5000 is good. I brought $5000 with me and I was fine.

If you change your mind about the loan, you can still email them about it, but give them a few weeks notice. I was initially going to take the loan and I changed my mind.
    All very good info! I dont want to take the loan but sadly I may have too because there is no way I will be able to get t the money in time...
    I have no job and only 600 in savings... lol... Ill be lucky if I get 2500 by the time everything is said and done... (good thing there is Xmas and my birthday coming up!)

but i was told the loan would be paid back over the year of the contract, so I guess it would be less money taken out of the paycheck every month, but more in the long run (because of interest) but the cool thing is that its only 1%... not bad.

actually TA, on Interac's site I see where the loan is repayable within 6 months, not 1 year. so budget for that
    https://www.interacnetwork.com/recruit/index.php/faq

Edit: I'll be requesting the loan also but not the maximum amount. I have some savings thank God.
    Last edited by stephiiStephii; November 15th, 2012 at 00:41.

^ im confused by that.

Because I was told 6 months.. but my recruiter said that the loan is repayable in terms of the contract, which i would be a year...

if it is 6 months, that would be better because I dont want to have a loan for a year, lol.
    I just hope I get enough money so I dont have to take one.

I hope so for you too! I'd caution against taking recruiters at their word. Go straight to the source for important things like that - Tokyo lol.

Actually here's a part of the email I got from them when I asked about it:

"Loan requests are actually made when you arrive in Japan and forms are available and collected directly from your branch after training. Loans take approximately two weeks to process from the time you provide your bank account number. The maximum amount of time that you may take to repay the loan is 6 months."

They also sent me a little pdf file with more info. I could email that to you if you would like, just pm me.
    Last edited by stephiiStephii; November 20th, 2012 at 02:02.

Thanks for the info!! I'll would like the email, so ill pm you when I het bqck home!