Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Specific question help within the app form.

Default Re: Specific question help within the app form.

That's crazy - we don't have the tattoo/piercing section on our app here in the US.

Really!!?!
    Ours was kinda tacked on to the end of another question!

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Does your level 1 on the application say "beginner" beside it or something? Level 1 here in Japan is the highest level of the JLPT which is just a "bit" past hiragana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

haha! yeah it goes by 0= none 1=beginners 2=introductory etc. introductory is compared to elementary level japanese.

I had some specific questions regarding the application form as well, so I hope it's okay to tack them on here! It seems like there are some discrepancies between the various country applications, so just FYI I'm looking at the US one!

1. I have an article published in a scholarly journal, but since there isn't a resume section, I'm wondering if there is another section I could put it in (e.g. "Honors/Awards"), or if it is even necessary to include in the online application?

2. The instructions for the online application read, "Type 'N/A' into any text boxes (date field excluded) that are not applicable to your situation." Does this literally mean to put "N/A" into any text field that I would otherwise leave empty? And on that note, on the "Higher Education" section, I only attended one university. When I insert "N/A" into the other "Name of Institution" fields, I receive an error about leaving the date fields blank. Should I just leave all of the institutions blank? What did you guys do for this part?

You put N/A into everything.

Does your article have any relevance to ESL/teaching methodology? If not, just don't worry about it to be honest.

We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotech View Post
    You put N/A into everything.

Does your article have any relevance to ESL/teaching methodology? If not, just don't worry about it to be honest.
    Thanks!

Re:the N/A, I should have been more clear. I'm asking because when I follow the directions, I get an error message on the "Higher Education" page because it actually requires a date and a major (the latter of which is in a drop-down menu). In fact, it won't let me submit my application with this error, so I'm just curious as to what other applicants are doing for this page (or if they are even getting this error as well).

The error message is:
    Degree
    A required field has been left blank. (In Section: Higher Education)
    for each item (degree, major, date earned/expected).
    Last edited by lesretrouvailles; November 14th, 2012 at 09:44.

Quote Originally Posted by lesretrouvailles View Post
    Thanks!

Re:the N/A, I should have been more clear. I'm asking because when I follow the directions, I get an error message on the "Higher Education" page because it actually requires a date and a major (the latter of which is in a drop-down menu). In fact, it won't let me submit my application with this error, so I'm just curious as to what other applicants are doing for this page (or if they are even getting this error as well).

The error message is:

for each item (degree, major, date earned/expected).
    Call your local consulate/embassy and ask them to clarify then. They may prefer you put N/A and a BS date, or just leave that section blank.

I have tried calling both my local and the DC one and haven't yet been able to get anyone on the line, so I thought I'd ask here. I'll keep trying them though!

Edit: nevermind. It says on the application page to leave it blank. Seems like I need a coffee.....
    Last edited by lesretrouvailles; November 15th, 2012 at 00:34.

Ok, so I literally cant remember when I last went to the Dr with something they are interested in.
    Should I just put "NA" for this question...
    1. When and for what reason did you last consult a physician? (Colds, fevers, acne [if not currently undergoing treatment] may be omitted. Also visits to OB/GYN facilities or consultations for the requesting of contraception may be omitted.) Please have your doctor complete the Statement of Physician

??

I emailed them this morning asking about some minor visits to the doctors, just to make certain I didn't need a Statement. They said:

Dear Mr Strand,

Thank you for your interest in the UK JET Programme.

Applicants will only need to have their doctor complete a Statement of
    Physician if their medical conditions are ongoing/recurring and if they are
    currently undergoing treatment. However, for nervous or mental conditions,
    applicants must submit a Statement of Physician regardless of whether or not
    they are no longer receiving any treatment.

We hope this answers your query.

Kind regards,

UK JET Programme
    This isn't directly what you're asking, I know. But I still put in how I went to see a nurse for some headaches I was getting (eye strain from my final semester at Uni). If you can remember anything you went for, put it down- just because there's not really any reason not to. It probably won't matter, but why not.. But if you haven't been for anything but colds/never/acne/contraception, then you've got nothing to put, so I'd N/A it!

N/A'ing it it is! Thanks!

I've been on acne antibiotics for a few years now and put it down. Since it's an ongoing treatment (well prescription) I got my Dr to complete the form. Better safe than sorry.