Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Medical history: how to handle depression / drinking?

Default Re: Medical history: how to handle depression / drinking?

Our No. 1 guy wore his orientation suit on the plane. Not as bad as cosplay, but still pretty uncomfortable for a 14 hour flight.

Screw that noise. I go in the comfiest clothes possible. Who cares about looking good when you're stuck in a metal container for 12 hours.
    tabemoto...: Cooking in southern Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Screw that noise. I go in the comfiest clothes possible. Who cares about looking good when you're stuck in a metal container for 12 hours.
    I know right? I stayed up the night before and took a sleeping pill when I got on the plane (~13 hour TZ difference) to kinda kick-start the "shift my sleeping schedule." Naturally, the stewardess decided to wake me up in two hours to inform me that they were serving food.

But yeah, only business people go on planes in business clothes, and even then only if there is no possible way for them to change in time to get to wherever they have to be after landing.

I wear my Hello Kitty snuggie on the plane when I go home. I have no shame.

This isn't a question about depression/drinking, however it is about medical history.

When I first saw the list of requirements that dictate whether or not you need a statement of physician, I thought I'd be fine. I've only been to my GP once (and even then I saw a nurse) about headaches, that they told me would likely be eye strain. It's now fine, and I haven't seen them since. That's the only time I've been to them for anything other than a check up. Since this wasn't recurring, I thought I'd be clear to go ahead without getting a statement.

However, I'm not sure whether or not two trips I made to the chiropractor last year (for a minor lower back injury that I've since fixed with the stretches he suggested) require a statement of physician.

I'm a little unclear on whether either the one trip to the doctors about the headache, or the two trips to the chiropractor (within a few weeks of each other) require a statement of physician..?
    I'm intending now to get one just in case, but I could have left it too late. Aside from the 'well, best to cover all bases', does anyone know for sure whether or not something like chiropractor visits would need the statement of physician?

I think you'll be fine, Are you affected by these still in anyway? If not then I'd personally ignore it if you're worried about the deadline.
    tabemoto...: Cooking in southern Japan

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

The medical form is for things that could affect you during your time on JET. For example: You are borderline diabetic. Good thing to mention. You take heart medication, or anti-depressants which require a prescription. Good thing to mention. Once wanked so hard you broke your wrist... noone really cares (though it makes an EXCELLENT bar story!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.