Thread: Eiken Speaking samples

Default Eiken Speaking samples

Does anyone know where I can get Eiken speaking samples?

I found these.
    Eigo Ganbare Cafe

I also got the one off the Eiken website. But I would like to have as many as possible.

Default Re: Eiken Speaking samples

Check out your local book store. They should have Eiken prep books for every level that have sample interview cards.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

What do you mean speaking samples? Like from the listening tests, or what they are asked in the interviews?

If it's listening tests your schools should have a MASSIVE pile of previous years tests w/ audio CDs to go with them. I think my schools got like 10 years worth of tests (and that's three/year) to work from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Its the second part which is mostly a speaking test. The kids read a card then get asked questions about the card, pictures, and things in general.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Right, the second part is a joke. You don't need speaking samples for it, train your kids on how to repeat the question in the affirmative in their answer, and give them practice describing a scene for both the static and actions in the picture.

There isn't much else you can do to train them to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.