Thread: Any British JETs/ex JETS who can look over my PS?

Default Any British JETs/ex JETS who can look over my PS?

Need someone from Britain really, so anyone able to check it for me?

Default Re: Any British JETs/ex JETS who can look over my PS?

If you will check mine.

I'm not a JET but applying currently so can give some advice while also getting some for my own
    Last edited by onaJETplane; November 6th, 2012 at 03:56.

Umm, not sure how helpful we will be to one another, seeing as we both may be on the wrong track lol!

I dunno how SOP checking is country specific, not sure how many people will be able to help in this case!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini
    If you are a empty husk of a man with no ambition come on jet, stay forever, drink yourself into a stupor every night, hurl abuse at people on itil like a roided up chimp at the feces olympics and die of thyroid cancer in your early 40s.

Well grammar stuff isn't THAT different but from what I remember the US and UK SOP requirements are quite different. You guys got nearly double the space to write and were asked a bunch of specific questions about engaging students. We were told... 2 pages. Why Japan. Why JET. Why you. Go.
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN View Post
    Since when does awareness of surrounding make an ALT better? Chances are if they didn't have a clue and got lost in the forest and eaten by bears on the way to work, the school would be better off and the ALT would in turn be a better ALT.

2 pages with size 8 font is about 3000 words -,-

Are you taking into account that it has to be double-spaced though? And that the font size has to be 12?

Well that is shit. Have you emailed them, asking if they've forgot to include the 800-1000 word count in the instructions?

Quote Originally Posted by onaJETplane View Post
    Well that is shit. Have you emailed them, asking if they've forgot to include the 800-1000 word count in the instructions?
    (I'm sorry were you addressing me here?)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN View Post
    Since when does awareness of surrounding make an ALT better? Chances are if they didn't have a clue and got lost in the forest and eaten by bears on the way to work, the school would be better off and the ALT would in turn be a better ALT.