Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Interac Placements Winter/Spring 2013

Default Interac Placements Winter/Spring 2013

Just wanted to go ahead and make this thread so all of us new people had a chance to share where we are going to be placed and what not!

So far I think there about 5 or 6 of us? (At least from post)... hopefully there will be more in the coming months!

I requested ( I think) to be North of Tokyo (lots of ares to place me in, lol) but I would love to be in the Mito area.

i didn't specify an area at all, just that i absolutely want to teach elementary because i have experience with that group and love them! coming in March 2013 (which you know but figured i'd add to your thread haha), can't wait to hear my placement >.<
    The mouth speaks what the heart is full of

Hi everyone! I've been lurking here for a while. I got the job offer back in June for March 2013. (I requested the Kansai area, but we'll see what happens!) I was initially kind of sad about not being able to go over in the summer, but it worked out for the best since I've had extra time to save up and study Japanese.

Default Re: Interac Placements Winter/Spring 2013

That's good news!! I hope everyone gets there placements! I wonder if we will all be in the Tokyo area for training...
    Does anyome remember how long that takes?

Interac's website gives a pretty good timeline in terms of pre-departure, training and post-training. Should check it out..I'd love for training to be in Tokyo but not too fussy, I'll visit eventually

Yeah im not too picky either, but I think it would be cool to bum around tokyo with people for a few days after training hours! (that is if we are not tired!)

Ill have to look up that info you were talking about... I wanna say it was 2 weeks, but I cant remember at the moment!

I'm not super picky either...but I requested the Kansai area, cause I have a friend in that area. It would be cool to bum around Tokyo for a few days after training. If we're not too tired...but we'll prolly all be super excited.
    Last edited by Konnichiwayuki; November 15th, 2012 at 09:50.

^ thats the way I am!

Even if im tired I am always up for a good adventure and going to a new country and being new in a new city is like, the definition of that, lol.

I'm hoping we have some free time in Tokyo since there's actually a musical showing that I want to see but it sounds like its 12 hour training days (the new guys doing the training are apparently doing it like its teaching boot camp) and then they kick us onto trains to head out to our placements. But August will be there before we know it and we'll have tons of time to visit then!

I'm also hoping we'll get some free time to roam the streets of Tokyo after training hours. I can't wait to check out the bar scene lol. In terms of placement, I didn't really put a preference but hope I'll land somewhere in the middle or south because I can't deal with the cold....

well i do believe there are two training areas... Osaka and Tokyo...
    I think it depends on where you are placed... me wanting to be in the Mito area Im thinking they train me in the tokyo area (if I get what I want, lol)

10 hour days seems rough, lol.

Last edited by akanemukade; September 27th, 2017 at 05:08.

I didn't put any location/age preferences as I wanted to appear flexible. I hope to be placed either somewhere south, or central. I'm not sure what age group I prefer as I can think of good/bad things about all of them.

I'm looking forward to the orientation but I've heard that the training is now a lot tougher than in previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by TAmember2003 View Post

I requested ( I think) to be North of Tokyo (lots of ares to place me in, lol) but I would love to be in the Mito area.
    Awesome! I was a JET in Ryugasaki, Ibaraki from 06-07 and then I had to move to another contracting organization because they went to Interac. Its a great little place if you get it with great schools. I was close to the train station, and only about an hour from Shibuya.

Why Mito? That is also a great place.

I only said Mito because its the captial of Ibaraki Prefecture (and would be happy just baout anywhere there)... I know some people placed in that prefecture and they all seem to like it... the winters dont seem too rough either... but have snow...
    Also its not too far away from tokyo, lol... all the pictures I have seen seem really nice...

I loved it but I was also about an hour to an hour and a half south of Mito.
    I went to Tokyo just about every weekend. The Mito crew made it down alot too but not as much. Mito is a great town with ALOT to offer.

^ thats good. ^_^
    I hope I get placed in or around the area.

mina konnichiwa!!

hellooooooooo, i was also hired in June and wasn`t able to go over in september because of all the placements being full. I will also be heading over to Japan like everyone else who is posting in march 2013! I actually just returned from a three month vacation from Osaka. I have requested a kansai area placement.

Currently, I`m just waiting on my Visa to be accepted. I think it takes about 8 to 10 weeks? so i should hear back from Interac the beginning of january! Also, i have filled out the online profile they sent so that school boards can look at your profile. How is everyone else coming along???

I really hope my training will be either in Osaka or Tokyo!! I' am really looking forward to meeting everyone~~~

^ hello!!!
    I finally got everything filled out last weekend as well, and now just wanting on time... lol
    this is gonna be a long (but quick) few months.

>.< ahhh i still haven't received the online resume link