Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Interac Placements Winter/Spring 2013

Default Re: Interac Placements Winter/Spring 2013

Just curious as to how many of you have heard anything about your placements branch? It's been said a bit on here that Yokohama is a great branch. Even though it is quite big, I am trying to get further away from Tokyo, but I'm told the further away I go the worse the branches are. Really looking forward to what you all have to say once you're over there for a bit! : )

I haven't heard anything from my branch (Tokyo 1) in terms of updates, but when I did ask a question, I got a reply fairly quickly. The people in Yokohama seem to be hearing about their apartments before training, while most of us have to wait until we get there.
    Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    Beaming down a rainbow into a San Francisco apparently inhabited exclusively by The Village People? It really says it all about Star Trek, imho.

Tokyo Branch 1 is pretty good about getting with people if they have questions. I have been really happy working with them this year. They just recently got fully staffed up. Having said that, if there is any delay in returning messages to you, not only are they dealing with all the incoming people, they also have to deal with the transfer requests, hustling BoEs for contracts and a number of us needing to get our work visas renewed.

Incidentally zombiekelly, I can't speak with 100% certainty but I am pretty sure I know where you will be living and what school you will be teaching at. If you so desire, drop me a private message and I can give you the info on that and the contact information of the ALT you will (most likely) be replacing.
    Last edited by leftbanke7; March 11th, 2013 at 21:28.

I just got an update e-mail about what to do when we arrive! YES! its almost time people.
    im still kinda weirded out about this first lesson thing... -.- a part of me just wants to get this over with, lol.

These new training videos.....
    Beaming down a rainbow into a San Francisco apparently inhabited exclusively by The Village People? It really says it all about Star Trek, imho.

tell me about it... if they think im gonna be THAT stupid... lol...
    I need more money. LOL

My degree is in psychology, so this is about the 90th time I've heard some of these.

I have a feeling we're gonna be doing things that feel stupid during training... oh well.
    blog here --> mochigashi

Have you seen the new videos?

Whatever blend he's using, I want some.

Creepy doesn't even begin to describe it. I think I seen this guy in the pictures of the training in Narita last year. If he's there again this year, I am deathly afraid for my sanity.

hey good luck to you guys flying out this week and next. be safe
    blog here --> mochigashi

How communicative have your branches been with you? The Nagoya branch is as silent as anything. :S

Quote Originally Posted by leiferikson View Post
    How communicative have your branches been with you? The Nagoya branch is as silent as anything. :S
    If I email them about something, they will reply. But don't really say much else except if I need to know something, i.e. what to bring with me to training. Currently waiting to hear about which school I'm teaching at.
    blog here --> mochigashi

Thanks for answering. I was just curious because it seems like a number of people on Facebook have had a lot of emails from their branches. But I guess it isn't as odd as I thought it was though for branches to be kind of quiet.

Anybody else here with the Hamamatsu branch

I'm with the Hamamatsu branch. They emailed me a while ago with apartment details, and I asked them a question about training and the address for my apartment. I got a reply both times really quickly. I wish I knew the names of my schools or how many I'm at.

Ah, lucky. I haven't heard anything about apartments. The last call I got from them was about a placement change. I wonder if they can still change placements this late in the game...Anywho, I prolly won't learn about my apartment till training, and I know there's not a Leopalace where I am going

The kiss ups are really in force today in that fb group.