Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone do the program twice? I am a former JET re-applying

Default Re: Anyone do the program twice? I am a former JET re-applying

I love mothy.

How do you plan to tie this to your career and future plans? Do you want to stay in Japan permanently? I could see a CIR position that involved translating/interpreting/ doing more than play karuta being a good experience step to getting better work in Japan. Or are you going back just because you miss Japan?

I briefly considered this too.. but I'd be afraid I'd get one of those fake CIR positions where you are mostly doing ALT work.

If you have as much experience as you say, and are business proficient in Japanese why not trying to find a job outside of the JET program or teaching? Usually JETs have trouble doing the job-in-Japan-after-JET because they don't have any real business experience, but it sounds like you do.

I'm so glad I thought of looking at this forum - came back from Japan in 2009 and nothing's really gone to plan since then - been studying for an MA part time and also temping and loathing both. I should have my Masters degree by the summer but god knows what to do then. Really got fired up to do JET again over the New Year period. Reading these posts is like sticking head in a bucket of ice water! Thanks.

And it looks like I don't have to do JET again after all! My current employer is sending me to the Tokyo branch!!!! They are working on my visa already, woot woot! Thanks for the advice everyone and good luck with your interviews.