Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Japanese-language media

Default Re: Favorite Japanese-language media

practically every variety show has subtitles. Osakians control the media here. Nobody can understand a word they are saying though so they have to subtitle it.
    Last edited by therealwindycity; May 22nd, 2014 at 17:34.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Quote Originally Posted by happytime View Post
    Back when my boyfriend was in the 'States we would watch all sorts of Japanese comedy series, but the only one that really held my interest was ザ!世界仰天ニュース, mostly because the reenactments are so funny.

"Sophisticated" Japanese people seem to think it's pretty low-class (since it's easy to understand and even easier to watch -- it introduces interesting/bizarre events from around the world, with Japanese subtitles and hilarious Japanese-dubbed foreign actors. Did I mention Japanese subtitles?), but that makes it perfect for us learners! There're also segments of on-the-spot talk/discussion about the reenactments, so there's your listening practice for "authentic" speech.
    I've been watching this a ton recently! I love how easy it is to understand, and there are a bunch of them up on youtube. No matter how I try I just can't seem to get into dramas and most variety shows.

I like music shows like Hey!x3 and Music Station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by therealwindycity View Post
    I've been watching this a ton recently! I love how easy it is to understand, and there are a bunch of them up on youtube. No matter how I try I just can't seem to get into dramas and most variety shows.
    Hurray! A fellow watcher~ :3
    I feel ya with the dramas an variety show thing. D: It was fun when I liked anime and drama, but now that I'm too lazy to get into anything it's hard to get in the practice I need.

(Also, thank you for saving my butt! I should more considerate towards others. >.<)

The 聖☆おにいさん manga series is hilarious. I saw a poster for the movie last year, but I haven't seen that.
    It revolves around stories and mishaps that occur when Jesus and Buddha come to Japan for a holiday.

I still occasionally watch VS嵐 as well because it requires no understanding and is usually pretty funny.
    fucking genki