Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FBI Background check uh oh

Default FBI Background check uh oh

Long story short and I got my record back and there were two incidents: one which I mentioned and one which happened after I got done with the application so the second, recent, charge was not mentioned.

I know per the rules it says in principal this can disqualify you but how do you think I should address this? Call the embassy and explain the situation?

Default Re: FBI Background check uh oh

They can't be overly harsh about something that's dated later than your application, I'd think.

What they might be harsh about is you doing something that shows up on your FBI record in the two months between application and FBI check.
    ...because Japan.

I think you should ignore it, and if they ask about it claim it was self defence/you stole to feed your family/the policeman was asking for it.

/she swore she was 18

Just don't worry about it and hope that the US's bungling boys in blue don't manage to file the paperwork in a timely manner and you end up in Japan before anything comes of it. If it works, it works. If it doesn't work, then you weren't gonna come to Japan no matter how well you explained it to the Embassy/Program.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

We all have a reponsibility to continue jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by JJarmuth07 View Post
    Long story short and I got my record back and there were two incidents: one which I mentioned and one which happened after I got done with the application so the second, recent, charge was not mentioned.

I know per the rules it says in principal this can disqualify you but how do you think I should address this? Call the embassy and explain the situation?
    what are the two charges?
    Last edited by word; December 21st, 2012 at 09:14. Reason: Not in Applying.
    <a href=http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3134&dateline=1245615339 target=_blank>http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.ph...ine=1245615339</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyakuman View Post
    As usual, you all (Aliを除く) have your heads up your asses.

Why are people giving advice to a known criminal to help him come to Japan? Doesn't JET get enough miscreants perpetuating stereotypes about dangerous foreigners without knowingly aiding and abetting one?
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.

Two charges were:
    (1) Trespassing to government property (accidentally went into a strict dorm, staff thought i was a robber/trespasser) - mentioned that
    (2) Public intoxication - going to trial for that mid-January and the charges will likely be dropped.

So, not a criminal. Ignorance is rampant ladies and gents.

How disgusting.

A trespassing public drunk?

I hope there was no public nudity attached to the latter charge.

I'm going to agree with Word here, submit it and hope they don't notice. I will do it after the court date on 17 January. If all goes well, all the charges will be dismissed with prejudice. Thoughts on this? And no FrantasticAsh, no nudity.

no nudity.
    Well in that case, no one here can help.
    I thought it was time to use a sig

So??
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini
    If you are a empty husk of a man with no ambition come on jet, stay forever, drink yourself into a stupor every night, hurl abuse at people on itil like a roided up chimp at the feces olympics and die of thyroid cancer in your early 40s.

On the fingerprint form for the FBI Background check, does anyone know what to put under "Employer and Address"?

Well, I'm no expert, but I'm fairly certain that the best response would be to write down the name and address of your employer.

Your current employer.

If you're not currently employed, just leave it blank.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Yea, I thought about writing that down. The thing is since it also asks the reason, aka JET employment, I'm confused as to whether or not they want the address to the employer for which I'm requesting a background check for. I'm still waiting for a reply from my coordinator, but I want to send this out asap!

PM'd.

Quote Originally Posted by dvac002 View Post
    Yea, I thought about writing that down. The thing is since it also asks the reason, aka JET employment, I'm confused as to whether or not they want the address to the employer for which I'm requesting a background check for. I'm still waiting for a reply from my coordinator, but I want to send this out asap!
    The year I did it, they sent out a special "how to fill out the background form" sheet that gave what you were supposed to fill in for everything. Did people not get those this year?

Two charges were:
    (1) Trespassing to government property (accidentally went into a strict dorm, staff thought i was a robber/trespasser) - mentioned that
    (2) Public intoxication - going to trial for that mid-January and the charges will likely be dropped.

So, not a criminal. Ignorance is rampant ladies and gents.
    Surprised 1 shows up on FBI records. Doesn't sound too serious.
    Didn't even know 2 was a crime, when I was in uni I did that a few times a week; how else does one get from the pub to home?

Quote Originally Posted by Lianwen View Post
    The year I did it, they sent out a special "how to fill out the background form" sheet that what you were supposed to fill in for everything. Did people not get those this year?
    I didn't receive that how to form, but I found a detailed explanation on the FBI site that requests we list our hopeful employer. At the same time, I have been instructed to just list my current employer by my coordinator so I'm just gonna go ahead and jot that down. Thanks to everyone who replied though! Really appreciate it.

Step 1: carefully slice the bottom of the envelope, along the fold, slightly towards the back of the envelope (so as to be less visible from the front)
    Step 2: remove the contents, be sure to note the orientation of the paper
    Step 3: scan them, erase problematic content, print again on similar stock (most important is thickness) and return to envelope
    Step 4: Using a ultra-thin modeling brush, 'paint' the inside edge of the paper with a light coating of strong adhesive. Be sure to paint slightly inside of the cut to avoid seepage
    Step 5: place envelope between some heavy, flat books for drying along the glued edge.