Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting twitchy here

Default Getting twitchy here

I'm seeing all these posts from the UK and Australia about their interviews and, as an applicant from the US, I'm starting to get nervous. I'm compulsively checking the website for any news but man...torture. I know that the US is WAAAY behind for whatever reason, but the lack of any communication at all since I got my application confirmation card in December is killin me >_< One way or the other, TELL ME NAO!

Default Re: Getting twitchy here

On the official forums, it is stated that the lists won't be released until the beginning of February. So try to save your heart attack for then! We've got a good week and a half....

I know, I know. Still, it's annoying. They say "Late January/Early February" but da fuq does that mean? If they'd just post a solid date I'd be much more relaxed. Doesn't help that all my my friends and relatives keep asking me "you get the interview yet?" and I can't even respond with a solid answer of when I'd even know if I got it or not. Sigh, even waiting for the confirmation that I had, indeed, graduated was less nerve-wracking for me.

Anyway, end of freak-out (temporarily, anyway).

Oh yeah, sorry...didn't realize that you knew that! Yeah, I feel you. If I hadn't seen that, I would probably be checking obsessively every single day, as the due date this year was earlier than normal, and I assumed that that would mean an earlier release date for the interview list.

I'm right there with you! Going nuts here...

Strangely, my mom has already started talking like I'm going and it's making things worse for me. Just do your best to get your mind off of things and it'll be February before you know it!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBlueDragonfly View Post
    Strangely, my mom has already started talking like I'm going and it's making things worse for me. Just do your best to get your mind off of things and it'll be February before you know it!
    My parents have gone super bi-polar on that front. They talk to me like I'm going, yet keep telling me not to get my hopes too high or make any formal plans. Little odd, tbh. Still, I'm trying to focus on Fire Emblem coming out for the 3DS on Feb. 4 as an alternative way of counting down the days :P

Yeah, that is a little bipolar, but it's exactly how my parents are. It's kind of strange for me because my parents didn't like the thought of me applying, but I did it anyway.

Speaking of video games, Ni no Kuni comes out tomorrow, and I almost forgot. Yay for something to keep me preoccupied!

I'm holding off on that one till I get it in my GameFly, I got enough on my plate :P Guild Wars 2, Darksiders 2, Disgaea 4, Borderlands 2, (soon) Fire Emblem, etc. etc.
    Last edited by bwhat87; January 22nd, 2013 at 13:11.

I avoided all that sh*t by not telling more than one or two people that I'd even applied until I got the interview (even then, I only told a few), then downplaying the crap out of it to everyone who asked me about it ("It's a longshot, I doubt I'll go, etc."). I can't imagine how annoying it would have been to have had people asking about it all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    I avoided all that sh*t by not telling more than one or two people that I'd even applied until I got the interview (even then, I only told a few), then downplaying the crap out of it to everyone who asked me about it ("It's a longshot, I doubt I'll go, etc."). I can't imagine how annoying it would have been to have had people asking about it all the time.
    Yea, see, I had my parents help me out a lot with my SoP, and they told a bunch of people, who told a bunch of people, etc. You know what they say...a secret with more than 1 person is not a secret anymore.

True; my friends are good at keeping their mouths shut, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

My mom just said I had to get my shit together, whether I went or not. Good thing I went.
    いいみで

I just told everyone I was going back in November. Good thing I got in otherwise I would have had to go hide in the woods or something for a year rather than admit I'd arsed it up.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

I just told everyone I was going back in November. Good thing I got in otherwise I would have had to go hide in the woods or something for a year rather than admit I'd arsed it up.
    Soooooo, you'd have turned into MORE of a sasquatch than you already are? That's what I'm hearing anyway...

I wish I was a sasquatch, at least they have hair.....
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

more

awww, now I'm sad. I'll just go back to killing zombies to sooth the pain away now

Sounds like early february for the US*! My consulate (HI) sent out an email asking for interviewers/greeters for Feb 19 - 22. Subtract however much notice you're supposed to get. They don't know the exact amount of interviewees yet, apparently.

(Everything does move a little slower there, though.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini
    If you are a empty husk of a man with no ambition come on jet, stay forever, drink yourself into a stupor every night, hurl abuse at people on itil like a roided up chimp at the feces olympics and die of thyroid cancer in your early 40s.

The emotional roller cost you go through getting here compared to actually being here is strange.