Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting twitchy here

Quote Originally Posted by Page View Post
    Sounds like early february for the US*! My consulate (HI) sent out an email asking for interviewers/greeters for Feb 19 - 22. Subtract however much notice you're supposed to get. They don't know the exact amount of interviewees yet, apparently.

(Everything does move a little slower there, though.)
    Thank you for the insider scoop Page.
    Do you remember how you were contacted for the interviews?

Default Re: Getting twitchy here

I ran into a friend today and he told me that he will be teaching in South Korea soon! Even though I don't know if I will have an interview yet, we talked about how great it would be to meet up abroad. Talking about travel with my friend made me want this that much more! Despite my attempts to keep my hopes at bay, I think I will be crushed if I do not get an interview again. I think the waiting, the anticipation, makes the let down even worse. That's why I feel really bad for British applicants. Yes, we in the US have to wait a while for our interview results, but we all find out at once if we made it or not. British people have to watch other people get interviews all the while not knowing if they will get one or not.

I'm trying to re-reconcile myself to the idea that I won't get an interview... I was so calm about JET this year too! I fell victim to excitment in the last few days! ARGH.
    Last edited by Paper Moon; January 28th, 2013 at 13:59.

I am getting so nervous/excited for the interview list to go up. I was fine until a few days ago when my friend from Canada got his interview invitation.
    *sigh* At least I have school work to keep me occupied...

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Melody View Post
    Thank you for the insider scoop Page.
    Do you remember how you were contacted for the interviews?
    First time I got in through NY was by checking the website PDF for my number. Second time in HI was by email. I think most consulates do email now? But the timing depends on the consulate!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini
    If you are a empty husk of a man with no ambition come on jet, stay forever, drink yourself into a stupor every night, hurl abuse at people on itil like a roided up chimp at the feces olympics and die of thyroid cancer in your early 40s.

Well, we'll all find out on Friday. They tweeted it. SOOOOO NERVOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Moon View Post
    British people have to watch other people get interviews all the while not knowing if they will get one or not.
    Hm? Almost all of the British interviews are out - quite a few of us have already had ours, so we're just in the next, more intense part of the waiting game..
    Aspiring British JET, 2013
    Interviewed in Edinburgh!

I think Paper meant that those who got emails in weeks 3, 4 and 5 had to be bite their nails as they watched the earlier interviews doled out.

This wait is by far worse than the pre-interview wait though. I didn't really care for a few weeks post hand in, and then could busy myself prepping after that. Now, though.. It's going to be a long two months.

Quote Originally Posted by jjstrand View Post
    I think Paper meant that those who got emails in weeks 3, 4 and 5 had to be bite their nails as they watched the earlier interviews doled out.

This wait is by far worse than the pre-interview wait though. I didn't really care for a few weeks post hand in, and then could busy myself prepping after that. Now, though.. It's going to be a long two months.
    Yes, this is exactly what I meant. Sorry if I was unclear SarahKaye!