Thread: Nagano City Jobs

Default Nagano City Jobs

As those who know me IRL know, I'm going to be relocating to Nagano City April 1st. I'm currently applying for jobs, and would appreciate any insight or ideas.

At the moment, I'm open to most anything that will either let me use my current JET Visa or sponsor another. Obviously ALT positions and Eikaiwa are my easy option but I'm open to other stuff as well.

Cue hilarious insults, go!
    Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit
    It's like GG's life is run by a DM who lets him take all skill checks with his charisma modifier.

Default Re: Nagano City Jobs

Just curious here. Why Nagano of all places?

Shouldn't be too hard with the usual companies, Nagano is probally one of those places they have trouble convincing people to go to. Good luck.

How close to the city are you looking to live? I've got an acquaintance working for A-to-Z in the area who might be able to help you make a few contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Without divulging too much detail, YZ was offered a really bitchin' job and we decided to go. I'm planning to live in Nagano City or in Suzaka right outside. I actually applied to A-Z yesterday but would love to talk more on that (FB!)

I just got my first callback from a company called Coco Juku who wants to set up an interview. I still have two months to go so I may hold out for something nicer but we'll see how this week goes.

edit: second call for an interview, this one from A-Z. Unfortunately, they want me to interview for places other than where I'm going. Bummer
    Last edited by greengoo; January 23rd, 2013 at 17:14.
    Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

It's like GG's life is run by a DM who lets him take all skill checks with his charisma modifier.

Default Nagano City Jobs

Can I stay at your place in Suzuka during the F1 weekend?
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Only if we can share a bed.

edit: Today I learned Suzuka and Suzaka are not the same.
    Last edited by greengoo; January 23rd, 2013 at 17:15.

Default Nagano City Jobs

Arse, can I stay at your place anyway? I'll require three square meals and a hot bath.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Put some rice in a square box 3 times a day and give it to Ini.
    いいみで

Give him a cardboard box, forcing him to sleep outside, don't feed him and occasionally throw rock at him to make sure he doesn't feel away from home.
    I thought it was time to use a sig

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MJN View Post
    Give him a cardboard box, forcing him to sleep outside, don't feed him and occasionally throw rock at him to make sure he doesn't feel away from home.
    Sounds like an upgrade given he doesn't have to sleep w/ his boss anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Default Nagano City Jobs

I don't sleep with my boss!!

I sleep at his feet like a loyal puppy

Updates for my adoring fans:

I applied to three positions and was given job offers from all three. All three had full insurance and sponsored visa, so I picked the one that came with a free apartment, biggest salary and that seemed to be populated by normal humans. I'm moving to Nagano April 1st.

If you're looking for work there's work to be had up there. Also, skiing.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Mind if I ask what's the " biggest" salary worth with benefits?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Yeah what Gizmo said! Answers plz.