Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What airport?

Default What airport?

Anyone have some advice for a poor "second time on a plane" ALT like me? I'm in the US, specifically Pennsylvania. Last time I used the DC airport, but I'm thinking I might use JFK in New York since it's a little cheaper. Recommendations?

Hey Kelly, I'm flying through JFK in March.

Is there a huge difference in the price range?

The majority of the times I've flown has been through JFK, and it has been a relatively smooth process, just bare in mind that its a major city airport, so there is a slight chance of a minor delay and/or traffic just before take off depending on the day you fly. My advice if you do choose to come through JFK is to come as early as possible prior to your flight (2-3 hrs?), to sort everything out with checking-in and TSA.

Default Re: What airport?

fly with jal or ana. avoid northwest like the plague
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

When are you flying in? RT on Jetblue with American Airlines in March is 687$ from NYC. Buy a RT ticket from NYC, even if you're going one way.

There's almost a $400 difference between Dulles and JFK for March 24th arrivals. I want a nonstop flight, so it's already a little more expensive. What kind of dates do you suggest for an RT ticket? I don't want to jack the price up anymore than I have to.

I used ANA last time and was looking at JAL this time. I know I sound like an apologist but I don't trust the US airlines very much.

Quote Originally Posted by zombiekelly View Post
    There's almost a $400 difference between Dulles and JFK for March 24th arrivals. I want a nonstop flight, so it's already a little more expensive. What kind of dates do you suggest for an RT ticket? I don't want to jack the price up anymore than I have to.

I used ANA last time and was looking at JAL this time. I know I sound like an apologist but I don't trust the US airlines very much.
    For a roundtrip ticket through American Airlines (using Jetblue) try March 11~March 20th. You get in on the 21st, late at night. Crash in a hostel. Even paying for an extra few nights in Tokyo is much cheaper than purchasing a one way or a roundtrip.

Probably the best deal I've seen so far. I personally booked TYO-JFK March 15~March 21st and paid 676usd.
    Last edited by Lianwen; February 5th, 2013 at 11:56.

Okay, odd question, what would I do with the return ticket? Just not use it?

Quote Originally Posted by zombiekelly View Post
    Okay, odd question, what would I do with the return ticket? Just not use it?
    Yup. But, Jetblue, even though you're flying AA, doesn't do flights from NYC-TYO. You have to select a ticket that's TYO-NYC. I have no idea why this is.
    Last edited by Lianwen; February 5th, 2013 at 12:12.

I was looking at DC and it was around 600.00... but the price might have gone up!
    I wish i had my placement so I could go ahead and buy my ticket!

I haven't found a nonstop under 1050 one way/1400 round trip. What site are you using?

(I'm still horrifically afraid of my plane crashing so the fewer descents the better.)

^ lol, thats horrible, but the one I was talking about was 1 stop (I think Texas or LAX).
    I fly all the time and never had a problem before! Although the plane I was supposed to get on crashed (not bad), before I could get on.

My husband and I got 1-way tickets through Kayak for $900 a piece 4 weeks prior to our flight. We are flying Pittsburgh>Toronto>Narita. That really is the most time efficient way for PA residents, as far as I can tell. We're flying out Feb 15th, bought the tickets Jan 17th.

I usually avoid flying in and out of JFK because of the volume of people there at all times (I'm from Oregon). I usually fly into Dulles . If you want a really nice airport take a flight to SFO (San Fran) and fly out of there. Jet blue has cheap cross country flights.

Hmmm I'm beginning to think I fly too much. XD

I'm confused. Don't you usually avoid flying into JFK by being from Oregon?

people from oregon dont fly commercial, they just strip naked and wait for the rapture
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

I fly to Virginia/Maryland/DC/Pennsylvania/New York/Road Island a lot for either work or family things. Most of my family lives in Virginia.

and Ini get it right, were hippies not overly religious people. (Im an atheist and I dislike the hippies, and hipsters)

Great another hate filled atheist. Just what we needed.

Yup thats what I'm here for

Quote Originally Posted by CherryBerry View Post
    I fly to Virginia/Maryland/DC/Pennsylvania/New York/Road Island a lot for either work or family things. Most of my family lives in Virginia.

and Ini get it right, were hippies not overly religious people. (Im an atheist and I dislike the hippies, and hipsters)
    How many fedoras do you own?

From Oregon so it's gotta be at least 2.
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.