Thread: A reason to panic? Still no email from Interac

Default A reason to panic? Still no email from Interac

So some background. At the beginning of February I received a call from Interac stating that I had passed the initial screening stage. He asked me a couple questions (I misheard one because of the crappy reception) and then told me because they were in the middle of their hiring period, I should expect to receive an email from them with information about the phone interview near the end of the month/beginning of March. I wouldn't be worried, but my friends who have applied to Interac have already received emails to set up appointments for the phone interview. Is it possible to mess up this stage?? He said that I would be getting an email, but not at this point in time (my friends got it within couple minutes of their call) because it was the off season. Was this code for "No, you're not getting the phone interview?". My application was really strong (to me) so I'm rather confused. I've sent an email to their head office, but I haven't heard anything from them.

Am I overreacting or am I reacting appropriately (because this means I didn't get in?)

Somewhere... maybe... I think I'm lost... anyone got a map?

Default Re: A reason to panic? Still no email from Interac

Um, slow down? They said beginning of March right? Then they generally mean the beginning of March. The old schedule was actually nearer the end of March rather than the beginning. I assume you are talking about the USA or Canada offices, I have no idea what schedule the UK offices are on (they seem to be special...). They will call when they call. Likely they have a good chunk of people they are getting ready to call. Don't sweat it until after the beginning of March.
    "I wonder how much effort is requires for a person to become happy. I think misfortune is a spiral. Once it starts it's hard to escape. In order to escape it takes everything you have to reach the end. Once you've given everything you can finally grasp it. I think that's what happiness means." Rena Ryuuguu

Yes, I'm talking about the USA/Canada offices. I have a habit of overthinking things, so thanks for the snap back to reality. I wasn't worried about it until everyone else I knew was receiving the emails right after their first phone call (saying that you had passed the initial screening). So it made me double check myself and blow everything out of proportion. So thanks for responding~

After the first call, I didn't get the email on what to review for the second call. Just call them back and tell them, they'll resend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    Beaming down a rainbow into a San Francisco apparently inhabited exclusively by The Village People? It really says it all about Star Trek, imho.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

haha. Ask TAmember about sitting around waiting. I think they've been waiting for placement info now for a couple of months after being "accepted"?

relax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Don't worry. One thing that I like about interac is that they do actually bother to send rejection mails unlike so many rude companies out there.

With the way these dispatch companies work Interac probally aren't sure how many contracts they have next year. They've probally got a good ranking of candidates but don't know how low to put the cut off for who they want and who they don't yet.
    Last edited by Tyr; February 20th, 2013 at 14:49.

My seminar was in May. I was sent an acceptance email in June/July and I'm leaving in March (could have gone in Jan as an alternate to be fair but decided to go with the normal intake).

Just chill lol it's gonna feel like foreverrr. Especially towards the end. I got my call about placement and training date on Monday night.
    Last edited by stephiiStephii; February 21st, 2013 at 01:12.
    The mouth speaks what the heart is full of