Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Interac Placements Summer/Fall 2013

Default Interac Placements Summer/Fall 2013

I know it's a bit early, but since I got my acceptance e-mail back in February(I was honestly surprised they group interviewed me so early in the hiring period XD I think it might have even been before the official hiring period). I've been rather wondering how many others have been accepted yet and are just waiting for to be contacted again (which I was told would be in May) or who are still getting interviewed and hoping to get hired.

It's of course still a LONG time till actual placements, but I thought it'd be nice to gather up people who are going over in mid-year time August/September.

And of course, I have the question for all of you going over soon: After they offer you employment and you accept, what was the next thing they sent out for you to do or what about (so pretty much what I'll be looking for in May)?

The waiting game is definitely the hardest part of all of this in my opinion. Though of course it doesn't help that my Dad keeps asking me "Have they sent you more information?" and when I answer "May, Dad, May" he gets this worried 'I don't like this long silence' face ~_~.

Default Re: Interac Placements Summer/Fall 2013

Hi I'll be going in August too I got accepted back in Feb too, it seems like forever ago! I received my crb application this week, just waiting on some paperwork before I can send it back. I am also have the same daily conversation with my dad 'heard anything?' 'May!' 4 months eek!

At least you guys know you'll be going. It's annoying waiting to see if I've been accepted or rejected. My interview was on the 30th of last month so I've just been twiddling my thumbs the entire time. One of my fellow interviewees added me on facebook and told me he got rejected maybe a week ago. So I'm feeling like it might be a good thing I haven't gotten any email yet but it still sucks.

Same here except even worse as I had my interview in early March...
    Last edited by tester; April 26th, 2013 at 00:20.

Yay! Replies~ I was informed pretty quickly let's see. Group interview was January 17th, All information was sent out January 25th, and I got my acceptance e-mail on February 3rd. However since I don't think they were doing many interviews or anything at the time, that might have a lot to do with it.

You guys got the "We sent it out" e-mail right? Hopefully you guys get in.

The problem for me now is less OH MY GOD AM I GOING TO GET IT? and more of my Dad giving me looks not entirely sure whether he trusts that I really got the job or not XD May will be here in about a week now though, so I'm going to be checking my e-mail like crazy. I really need to start studying up my Japanese again, because I'm hoping they have me do the testing for it. *crosses fingers*

Keep checking your spam folder.

But they give everyone the Japanese test. You get the extra bonus if you're considered intermediate-advanced. The test is easy to take, since it's all reading and listening, but if you score high enough someone from the office will call you and talk to you in Japanese.
    Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    Beaming down a rainbow into a San Francisco apparently inhabited exclusively by The Village People? It really says it all about Star Trek, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by forgetmenots View Post
    Yay! Replies~ I was informed pretty quickly let's see. Group interview was January 17th, All information was sent out January 25th, and I got my acceptance e-mail on February 3rd. However since I don't think they were doing many interviews or anything at the time, that might have a lot to do with it.

You guys got the "We sent it out" e-mail right? Hopefully you guys get in.

The problem for me now is less OH MY GOD AM I GOING TO GET IT? and more of my Dad giving me looks not entirely sure whether he trusts that I really got the job or not XD May will be here in about a week now though, so I'm going to be checking my e-mail like crazy. I really need to start studying up my Japanese again, because I'm hoping they have me do the testing for it. *crosses fingers*
    From St. Louis Missouri and "my Dad giving me looks" makes me feel like I should call authorities.
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    From St. Louis Missouri and "my Dad giving me looks" makes me feel like I should call authorities.
    be nice.... just because they sound weird doesn't mean they aren't people too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

I'm highly amused by the fact that I was told to wait until May, and indeed as soon as they possibly could in May (today) they have sent me all the CoE application paperwork. It's nice to progress more on this.

I also got my acceptance letter in February, and I just got an email saying they received my CoE paperwork which I sent last week. Hopefully things move along a bit quicker now. The waiting is a killer! I'm just worried about getting an official date for training later in the summer because flight prices keep going up as August approaches. A couples of months notice would be nice in order to ensure economical travel expenses.

What city did you guys Interview at?

Couple months, LOL. Try one. I had a good idea of the date, but they won't confirm until they feel like it, which usually ends up exactly a month before arrival. I actually bumped my ticket up to premium because at that point, it wasn't much more and there was a better selection of flights.
    Beaming down a rainbow into a San Francisco apparently inhabited exclusively by The Village People? It really says it all about Star Trek, imho.

Ahh I was really hoping it wasn't going to be something like that, but after this whole process I kind of expected it.

Quote Originally Posted by vero View Post
    I also got my acceptance letter in February, and I just got an email saying they received my CoE paperwork which I sent last week. Hopefully things move along a bit quicker now. The waiting is a killer! I'm just worried about getting an official date for training later in the summer because flight prices keep going up as August approaches. A couples of months notice would be nice in order to ensure economical travel expenses.

What city did you guys Interview at?
    I interviewed at Chicago.

I just got the confirmation that they got the CoE paperwork as well a few days ago. I cannot wait to send out for a visa. I love seeing a visa in my passport.

As for the learning when/where and the flight, I've gone into it expecting the worst and am saving up for it. Luckily one of my roommates from college now works at a Japanese travel agency and as soon as she heard that I might get hired promised me help in finding a cheap flight. So my lack of caring/worrying is probably from that partially as well.

Like anyone though, I'm so curious to learn where I'll be, but even with a preference for central Japan (which I'm sure is a popular preference), I'd be pretty happy anywhere. I think my friends from Japan and who are in Japan care way more than I do XD

I can't believe how close August is getting @_@ Just three months

As long as your preferences were prefectures instead of specific cities, you stand a chance of getting what you want. Are you driving? That opens it up quite a bit.

I'm in the same boat too, I'll be leaving in August. Hopefully well get to the placement portion in the beginning of July. I personally asked for anything in the south, hopefully I'll get it.

Just found this forum. I'll be there in Fall as well.

To the people leaving for Japan this summer: you guys are going there at the right time with the Japanese Yen being so favourable to foreign currancies right now.

Ehhhhh, not really. It's going to be nice for that 5k they want you to bring, but actually making the money in yen will make it tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by zombiekelly View Post
    As long as your preferences were prefectures instead of specific cities, you stand a chance of getting what you want. Are you driving? That opens it up quite a bit.
    I did say yes to driving, and I'd accept a driving position without any complaints. When I mentioned I had passed my N3 JLPT, Interac had asked me to send them a copy even though I'd already been accepted, because it might open up even more possibilities... though I didn't quite think N3 was high enough to matter, maybe they consider it borderline (My Japanese professor was so mad at me for not taking the N2 and I wonder now if playing it safe had been a bad idea XD) Of course it's the test and phone test that are the important factors I would think... maybe the Japanese School Boards like the look of a JLPT certificate XD.

As for the Yen right now, it seems to be moving around a lot due to the policies being put in place, and I'm not sure how I feel about it getting closer to the dollar, as much as it would make the moving process easier since I'm barely being able to save enough even with the Interac loan... but of course like anyone probably I'd hoped to be making more in the terms of dollars. I'll take what I can get however.

Glad to see more people popping up who are going in August~ I wonder if we're mostly going to be in one area or if there will be more variety for placements, coming in on the halfway mark like this...