Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Interac Placements Summer/Fall 2013

Default Re: Interac Placements Summer/Fall 2013

I got my apartment email last night. My branch is fantastic! Instead of trying to stuff my wife and myself in a leopalace there trying to get us a 3DK for the same price. It is bad ass

Link below
    ���ꌧ�Γ��s�Ε������S���ځ@�b�܂ق��΃n�C�c�̉摜�E����- ���݃A�p�[�g�A���݃}���V�����̂��������l�b�g
    Last edited by Bordeau; July 27th, 2013 at 00:19.

Thats really great that you get a larger apartment together. Okayama city alts! Did you get the mobile phone email. Whats your thoughts?
    Last edited by Boots; July 27th, 2013 at 00:33. Reason: missed stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Bordeau View Post
    I got my apartment email last night. My branch is fantastic! Instead of trying to stuff my wife and myself in a leopalace there trying to get us a 3DK for the same price. It is bad ass

Link below
    ���ꌧ�Γ��s�Ε������S���ځ@�b�܂ق��΃n�C�c�̉摜�E����- ���݃A�p�[�g�A���݃}���V�����̂��������l�b�g
    That looks so nice!! Super good price too! Shiga-ken is really nice, I think you both will really enjoy it. It's been said to be rural for the area (between Kyoto and Osaka kind of), but its japanese 'rural' which just means suburbs. Just be careful about the trash separation it's worse than usual 3-separate bins like most of Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    Thats really great that you get a larger apartment together. Okayama city alts! Did you get the mobile phone email. Whats your thoughts?
    lucky...update emails about stuff.

I still don't know whether or not I passed the japanese speaking test. >_<

I had to switch from my first apartment that I got XD Apparently after I confirmed the landlord contacted Interac again going: uh... actually there's something wrong the apartment >_>

They ended up offering me a cheaper, newer one. Both were like a five minute walk from the station and they're only a 20 minute walk from each other so I guess I was lucky to have mysterious circumstances take the first way away (although it did have a loft... I love lofts ;_

Just got my visa back today as well! It all went well for the most part, and since pretty much all the people who've already gone over say get the X-Ray in Japan I'm just going to go ahead and do that which means I'm done until I go... which is so weird... I'm already halfway packed too XD Only living on the little bit that is left to be packed away.

Just have Yamato ship it to the hotel from the airport. 3000 yen.
    The only problem is that I'm getting in at like 9:30PM >_< So no idea what's available service-wise... I wanted to make sure I had enough time between the Tokyo and Osaka flights and my two choices were either worry about not making that flight from Haneda OR coming in late... but man I kinda regret it a bit.

I'm going to do some research on it either way, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by forgetmenots View Post
    I had to switch from my first apartment that I got XD Apparently after I confirmed the landlord contacted Interac again going: uh... actually there's something wrong the apartment >_>

They ended up offering me a cheaper, newer one. Both were like a five minute walk from the station and they're only a 20 minute walk from each other so I guess I was lucky to have mysterious circumstances take the first way away (although it did have a loft... I love lofts ;_

Just got my visa back today as well! It all went well for the most part, and since pretty much all the people who've already gone over say get the X-Ray in Japan I'm just going to go ahead and do that which means I'm done until I go... which is so weird... I'm already halfway packed too XD Only living on the little bit that is left to be packed away.
    Lucky!!
    Well not so much that you had one and that it got switched--but man Kansai branches are on point! Then again I'm living in the boonies so I doubt I'll have all that many apartment options. :P

I still haven't packed, but getting all of the last minute things. Not much to pack so I'm not rushing on that bit. The easiest bit was the drivers permit, so weird. Seemed TOO easy. xD

Ishinomaki is a nice place, lots of nice JETs (though I don't know how much private-JET mixing there is, really depends on the batch each year). Nice big AEON (complete with Starbucks, small foreign food store) and a movie theater (there's only a handful of legit theaters in Miyagi). I'm sure you'll love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini
    If you are a empty husk of a man with no ambition come on jet, stay forever, drink yourself into a stupor every night, hurl abuse at people on itil like a roided up chimp at the feces olympics and die of thyroid cancer in your early 40s.

Oh look! There is homework in our e-mail XD I didn't realize we had some pre-training homework to do. I'm glad tomorrow's my last day of work so that I can focus on it.

In other news, I see a ton of things about ES/JHS/HS in the training stuff, but almost nothing about what I should expect at a Kindergarten and since I was told I would be working at "1 to 3 Elementary schools and 1 to 2
    kindergartens" I'm thinking that the two are very separate things (I think I remember reading somewhere that Kindergarten is more like daycare or preschool... but I could be wrong). Maybe I should e-mail the Training department about it, since I want to make sure I do the preparation for that if I do need to do something different than ES...

oldyella- They're not as concerned about North here as they are in the US. You shouldn't be concerned about something like that. From what I hear, the North embassy is actually near the Interac head office...

forgetmenots- Don't fret about the prep videos too much. If you ask me, they're for an ideal situation where the students actually give a crap about English. My kids are definitely not there.
    Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    Beaming down a rainbow into a San Francisco apparently inhabited exclusively by The Village People? It really says it all about Star Trek, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by oldyella View Post
    Just got a link to my apartment! It's located right behind a school for North Koreans...Not exactly sure how to feel about that. I didn't even know there was such a thing until I googled it. Apparently they're funded by North Korea and their curriculums are outside Japanese control. I just hope it won't be the target of any protests whenever NK does something stupid. I heard Leopalace walls are paper thin.

Zombiekelly is right you'll be fine. It seems wild but for reference watch the movie 'Go' it's not as much of a WHAT like it is state-side.

I like all of the new training-type stuff. Though it was pretty quick to breeze through. Hoping more information gets sent our way. Just about two weeks now!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    I didn't have any pervious experience working as a teacher. Although it would look great to them, it's not mandatory to have such credentials. As long as you know how to speak english, place commas and periods where they need to be, and have a love for Japan, your pretty much a shoe in. So APPLY!! It wouldn't hurt. I have a B.A in Speech Communications, and I know some people in Japan, teaching english that have degrees in all sorts of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by borderdweller View Post
    You've shown that you can work with kids, you speak English, and have a bachelor's degree. I'd give it a shot.
    Write your essays well (there will be 2 of them. they aren't too hard) and show that you want to do this.
    Are you set on INTERAC or have you looked into other English schools in Japan? Peppy Kids or the like?
    I've been busying finishing school and my course so I haven't logged on in a while. Thank you both for the replies! I've read about people in the past with unrelated degrees and work experience getting jobs in Japan, but I know it's a lot more competitive now so I wanted to see what you all had to say. Interac is not the only place I will be applying to, but it is ideal for me. I'm applying once I finish the CELTA. Thank you again! I look forward to see all of your adventures while there!