Thread: VBulletin Updated

Default VBulletin Updated

Vbulletin has been updated. Please let me know if you spot any issues, thanks!
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Default Re: VBulletin Updated

This might be something on my end...but when I hit the main page, I'm not logged in. Trying to log in gives an error, but I guess that be because I'm already logged in? Because I can still access the lounge and VIP and post just fine if I click from email. But only the public links are showing to me when I'm on the main page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianwen View Post
    I am a competent, semifunctioning adult of modest landwhale proportions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    how many more threads in which BJ declares his love for lianwen do we need?

Hmm, try clearing your browser cache.
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Don't expect her to do something simple.

Shoo, Mothy.

I cleared my cache, cookies, and browser history. I'm on Chrome. It isn't too big of a deal, but it's just weird. When I first get on the site, I'm logged out. But if I click the logo, I'm logged in? It's just weird.

Hmm; haven't noticed anything w/ Firefox. Lemme use Chrome for a bit and see if I can duplicate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Were you able to duplicate it, Word? I'm getting it on my phone's browser too.

It's not that big of an issue. It's just an extra step.

Could it be that you're going to http://ithinkimlost.com but you are logged in at http://www.ithinkimlost.com ? Note, the www. does make a difference to cookies and that's what stores your login information.
    Last edited by Beer Baron; May 25th, 2013 at 23:36.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Baron View Post
    Could it be that you're going to ITIL JET Programme / Japan Forum but you are logged in at ITIL JET Programme / Japan Forum ? Note, the www. does make a difference to cookies and that's what stores your login information.
    That should only matter if vbulletin was configured specifically to ITIL JET Programme / Japan Forum. If it isn't, and it's just ithinkimlost.com then the cookies will behave normally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

That's the thing. I never used to have a problem if I navigated to the site without the "www." until the upgrade.
    time spent? because RL has such a hard time juggling her hectic schedule? Between her high pressure job and loving boyfriend I'm supprised she has time to post here at all.....

Quote Originally Posted by RomulusLupin View Post
    That's the thing. I never used to have a problem if I navigated to the site without the "www." until the upgrade.
    Me too D:

It works fine though if I use www, so I made a bookmark and will just use that in the future.

I made a change to the forum settings (there was a setting that was set to blank). It may fix this.

Cool; I hope so, 'cause I had no clue. Couldn't duplicate it at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Forgot to say that I tried it this afternoon and everything's back to normal!
    time spent? because RL has such a hard time juggling her hectic schedule? Between her high pressure job and loving boyfriend I'm supprised she has time to post here at all.....

It's fixed for me now too! I got this weird pop up thing yesterday that said the site accepted cookies and to click to say that was okay, and now I am logged in even if I don't use the www.

Thannnnnks for whatever was done

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Ya, getting a notification on every system I visit the site on, once. Click the little button it goes away.

Did you just enable that BB, or side effect of whatever else you fixed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

It's a new mod I installed 2 days ago. It's a cleaner way of complying with the EU cookie law rather than have a VBulletin notice appear. It made the guest forum view very messy.

You will get it on every system until you accept it. You will also see it again if you clear your cookies.