Thread: Problems with Advanced Search

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Problems with Advanced Search

Has anyone else noticed since the upgrade that you can no longer spit out individual posts as results in a search? Not that many people actually bother with the search function, but it drives me insane when I'm looking for a specific post and all the results spit out is the thread that post is posted in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    time spent? because RL has such a hard time juggling her hectic schedule? Between her high pressure job and loving boyfriend I'm supprised she has time to post here at all.....

Default Re: Problems with Advanced Search

I had noticed that, yes, but I search threads so rarely that I figured it was the same behaviour as always. I know you can search inside a thread when you're viewing it, so you can get around it, but if the functionality has changed (and doesn't need a plugin), it'd be nice to have it back.
    ...because Japan.

You have to go to the "search single content type" tab and click the "show results as posts" option at the bottom. It took me a little while to figure it out - it's not as intuitive as the old search

Wow, definitely not. I never thought to click that tab since the default search allows you to specify content type. Thanks, windy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    time spent? because RL has such a hard time juggling her hectic schedule? Between her high pressure job and loving boyfriend I'm supprised she has time to post here at all.....

Good spot windy!
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

I was wondering about this - is there any way we can change the default search settings? It seems like a small thing, but it might be a big hindrance for people who want to talk about something but aren't sure if it's been discussed or who are looking for info.

windy - this should be the default now. Took a few hours of trawling through code to find the line that deals with that. Also turned off errors that were being displayed at the top of the page
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Perfect - thank you!