Thread: Language schools around Kanagawa / Tokyo

Default Language schools around Kanagawa / Tokyo

Hey everyone,

I finished on JET at the beginning of this month, but I'm planning to return to Japan in October for a while. I would love to do an intensive Japanese course as I'm quite embarrassed by my Japanese level after 3 years there and I really want to improve, just for my own satisfaction rather than having a long term goal of living in Japan. I passed N4 in December but my conversational Japanese is horrible! I didn't have formal lessons whilst on JET and I'm not good at motivating myself to self-study.

I've had a quick look at schools in the Yokohama region - I'd want to go to a school there, or central Tokyo at a push - and they're pretty expensive. It seems around Y150,000 for 3 months of daily classes is an average cost. I could technically afford this but as I probably won't be working I would rather pay less if possible and try to make my savings last a bit longer! One school I've been looking at is the ARC Academy, which fits in quite nicely with my dates: ARC Academy - Japanese Language School - HOME

Does anyone have an opinion on this school, can recommend any other schools, or know of any schools that are a bit cheaper? Plus any other advice about studying Japanese in Japan would be welcome too.

Cheers!
    always put off today what should have been done yesterday

Default Re: Language schools around Kanagawa / Tokyo

I will save the mods trouble by not saying what I'm thinking.

And people call me a troll.
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.